Lag using LauncherPro

dolpns13

Reaction score

mrdroid

Reaction score
@Jer
You could benefit from wiping your cache. Also, you can try playing around with this setting:
Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Memory Usage Preset

You can also try checking this option:
Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Clear caches on exit

Also, remove the Handcent medium widget if you're using it. That was causing some lag issues for me.

JFDroid

Reaction score
I really wish the Droid would have more RAM like the Nexus one and X...It really makes the phone slow.

Agreed. The double RAM on the X really helps in a lot of situations. In many aspects, I think the double RAM does more for the phone than the 1Ghz OMAP compared to the Droid's 550Mhz OMAP. Technically speaking, I could be wrong, but it feels better having more RAM.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really wish the Droid would have more RAM like the Nexus one and X...It really makes the phone slow.

Agreed. The double RAM on the X really helps in a lot of situations. In many aspects, I think the double RAM does more for the phone than the 1Ghz OMAP compared to the Droid's 550Mhz OMAP. Technically speaking, I could be wrong, but it feels better having more RAM.

Yuppa, yuppa. In phones and computers more memory usually trumps a faster processor. There are exceptions, of course, but consumers often take processor speed as the controlling factor. That's no more true than pixel count being the standard for digital cameras.