Lag using LauncherPro

dreamtheater993

Reaction score
I have been using LauncherPro for about a month now. Often when I am in an app (such as the browser), and I hit the home button, my background will appear, but none of the icons, and my phone will be "frozen" for about 10-15 seconds, then the icons load up, and i can flick between my home screens. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of lag using LauncherPro? If so, have you found any fixes? thanks, all input is appreciated.

erikfig

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling and re installing? I've been using LP since day one and no issues at all.

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related but after I started using LP (which was about the same time I went to the newest Kangerade (luv that)) when I go between apps it often just has the background and a message saying "waiting for os to wake up." I can push the home button and all icons appear though.

erikfig

Reaction score
Why Kangerage?? Install BB v0.4 The fastest and smoot Rom ever made. No bugs at all!!

velocity92c

Reaction score
Seems like many people are having redraw issues with LP. Its a shame, the dev keeps adding more features but with each update it runs slower and slower, and the redraws get worse. Such a good app, but the redraws kill it for me. I know its the app because I've had the identical roblem on 4 different roms.

KidCuda

Reaction score
I have been using LauncherPro for about a month now. Often when I am in an app (such as the browser), and I hit the home button, my background will appear, but none of the icons, and my phone will be "frozen" for about 10-15 seconds, then the icons load up, and i can flick between my home screens. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of lag using LauncherPro? If so, have you found any fixes? thanks, all input is appreciated.

I thought that this was normal? That it has to redraw the homescreen after enough memory has been used, especially with a lot of widgets. Correct me if I'm wrong. :/

devinhfox

Reaction score

I thought that this was normal? That it has to redraw the homescreen after enough memory has been used, especially with a lot of widgets. Correct me if I'm wrong. :/

If that's normal then we're doomed already

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aldaudio

Reaction score
i have this issue as well. i figured it was because of the updates?

OP
D

dreamtheater993

Reaction score
So I tried to re-install it which did nothing. I forgot to mention that I also run QuickDesk. I thought that these two running in conjunction may cause more lag bc of the memory required. I have uninstalled quickdesk for now and we'll see how it goes, but if you guys are saying you're getting lag too with LauncherPro, then QuickDesk should have nothing to do with it. Thanks for all your input btw.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
Redraw is normal if you are running memory intensive apps.

LP doesn't stay in your RAM when you're not using it like Launcher2. It will take a little longer to redraw, but the upside is more RAM to use for your other apps. If you don't like I don't have an answer, just a better insight on the issue.

devinhfox

Reaction score
So I tried to re-install it which did nothing. I forgot to mention that I also run QuickDesk. I thought that these two running in conjunction may cause more lag bc of the memory required. I have uninstalled quickdesk for now and we'll see how it goes, but if you guys are saying you're getting lag too with LauncherPro, then QuickDesk should have nothing to do with it. Thanks for all your input btw.

There's a setting under general that keeps launcherpro in memory.
Might want to try that, although it didn't do that much for me.

DanDroidX

Reaction score

There's a setting under general that keeps launcherpro in memory.
Might want to try that, although it didn't do that much for me.

The memory settings haven't worked for me either

trebb

Reaction score
Redraw is normal if you are running memory intensive apps.

LP doesn't stay in your RAM when you're not using it like Launcher2. It will take a little longer to redraw, but the upside is more RAM to use for your other apps. If you don't like I don't have an answer, just a better insight on the issue.

The redraw isn't normal. When the application first came out I never had this problem. I think it just doesn't play too nice with froyo.

After a reboot, with nothing running, it's happened to me. No apps open, went into browser for about two minutes, hit home and boom... redraw. I only have 3 screens and like 8 widgets.