KNOX safe Root Method Released For The Galaxy Note 3!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-Note-3.png

A few weeks ago Chainfire released a root method for the Galaxy Note 3. The only issue with the root method is that it trips Knox. Knox is a security feature built into the Galaxy Note 3 that is supposed to make this device more friendly to the enterprise market. Knox also makes rooting and modding the Note 3 a pesky process. Knox is an efuse that will void your warranty if tripped. Service centers have been instructed to refuse repair on all devices that have the Knox efuse tripped. We know that rooting your phone and modifying your phone's os will not effect your hardware in anyway. So it really isn't fair to refuse the repair of hardware defects based on software changes.

Developer "designgears" has released his new root method "Root De La Vega" which will root your Note 3 without touching the Knox efuse leaving your warranty in tact. This uses the Chainfire exploit. It is simple to apply. All you have to do is flash the appropriate file in Odin, then reboot the device copy the contents of root de la vega to your sdcard reboot, then remove the files from the sdcard and reboot one last time. Then enjoy your rooted device and your intact warranty! This is already available for several variants SMN900T, SMN9005, SMN900T, SMN900, it looks like the Verizon variant has still not been rooted. If you have one of the variants listed above head to the source link for the download.

Update: Verizon variant ROOTED: Grab it here Verizon Note 3 Root

Via XDA

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This sure is good news. Knox is what is keeping me from rooting. ROMs, I'm not too interested in right now. I want to keep the features of my phone intact, but I want to be able to easily backup and restore apps with their data as well as get rid of Carrier IQ manually without using a ROM. I may wait a couple of days to do this to see how it goes for others first that aren't as worried about voiding the warranty as I am. I'm on TMobile's JUMP program and am unsure if tripping Knox will void that for me when I go to turn in the device.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Rooted earlier today with this method - worked great!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I was reading about the knox concern was more about flashing ROMs then it was about rooting.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now to see what happens with ROMs. I've seen that lot of members on XDA are planning to sell their standard N3s once the Dev edition drops. I'd say that I don't understand why VZ/Sammy didn't announce the Dev edition to begin with, but I'm sure like other devices that they've done this with it's for one simple reason: to milk us for all we're worth. They might not have had a planned date for release originally but they certainly had to have had plans for the release. I guess it's hard to resist going that route knowing that so many early adopters will want to have the phone immediately and can also be fleeced into picking up a "more attractive" variant a short time later, thus increasing profits and jacking up that total units sold bottom line. Just one more reason besides avoiding early run bugs/defects that it seems worthwhile to wait a little while before jumping in the water.

Just my $0.02 on the matter. That said, at least the phones can be sold for around $600 or so, and as Dev editions aren't available with subsidies anyway there will only be a slight out of pocket loss here.

chefb

Reaction score
Galaxy-Note-3.png

A few weeks ago Chainfire released a root method for the Galaxy Note 3. The only issue with the root method is that it trips Knox. Knox is a security feature built into the Galaxy Note 3 that is supposed to make this device more friendly to the enterprise market. Knox also makes rooting and modding the Note 3 a pesky process. Knox is an efuse that will void your warranty if tripped. Service centers have been instructed to refuse repair on all devices that have the Knox efuse tripped. We know that rooting your phone and modifying your phone's os will not effect your hardware in anyway. So it really isn't fair to refuse the repair of hardware defects based on software changes.

Developer "designgears" has released his new root method "Root De La Vega" which will root your Note 3 without touching the Knox efuse leaving your warranty in tact. This uses the Chainfire exploit. It is simple to apply. All you have to do is flash the appropriate file in Odin, then reboot the device copy the contents of root de la vega to your sdcard reboot, then remove the files from the sdcard and reboot one last time. Then enjoy your rooted device and your intact warranty! This is already available for several variants SMN900T, SMN9005, SMN900T, SMN900, it looks like the Verizon variant has still not been rooted. If you have one of the variants listed above head to the source link for the download.

Update: Verizon variant ROOTED: Grab it here Verizon Note 3 Root

Via XDA

waiting for your " how to root videos for this device. . That will make it official"

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
does anyone know which version of the note 3 back looks like the one in the pic? that one looks much nicer than the one on the pics on att or verizon site.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
waiting for your " how to root videos for this device. . That will make it official"

[video=youtube;019h0nVC1fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=019h0nVC1fE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU1J4DKcJXENzC-FkyMU6dow[/video]

hazfam

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3
Can I use this method on unlock version of Note 3?
Thanks