keypad not staying lit [as well as the navigation buttons]

reneeinpa

Reaction score
hello! i've been having an issue where my physical keypad and the navigation buttons will not stay lit when i'm using the phone in lo light situations. i have to hit the power button a few times or open/close the slider [doesn't always work]. i've seen a fix on this forum where you turn off 'vibrate on key press' and 'clear learned words' etc and i have done these measures but it doesn't seem to have worked for me. any suggestions? thank you!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
stock GB/ Froyo, rooted, custom Rom, titanium backup, frozen/deleted apps?

skora

Reaction score
I've looked into this on stock gb and what I've found is its the light sensor that controls that. If you have a screen with enough light, just move the upper right corner of the phone near something that reflects light, like anything white like a piece of paper or clothing and that will bounce it on most of the time. Not sure if rooting and romming has any other options to override the sensor and just keep it on. Thats why I prefer hardware buttons instead of soft buttons, at least there's some textile feel and you can navigate in the dark.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Do you have a screen protector?
Could mess with light sensor

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

OP
R

reneeinpa

Reaction score
thank you i will keep that info in mind [and i already took off my screen protector alas it didn't help]. i have noticed that if i move the phone around a bit sometimes it does light back up so i'll bet i was reflecting some light on that sensor. what a pita.