Keyboards?

Phaze08

Reaction score
Does anyone have any cool keyboards I could give a try? The Android keyboard is ok and I have the handcent keyboard which I may or may not use, lol, but does anyone know of any others? Ones you may have or have made?

droidman101

Reaction score
Does anyone have any cool keyboards I could give a try? The Android keyboard is ok and I have the handcent keyboard which I may or may not use, lol, but does anyone know of any others? Ones you may have or have made?

well, theres better keyboard(in market, its a paid app), theres also swype(still in beta phase, but if you google it you could probably find it), theres shapewriter, which is like swype(found in market, i believe its free), and finally theres the htcime keyboard(found in XDA forums)

Those are all the ones ive tried and right now i cant really choose the best one, all i know is that i hate the stock kb :)

Xaneth

Reaction score
Swype is rockin. Go out to beta.swype.com and sign up. Its the last keyboard you will ever need! I came to Android from Blackberry, and IMHO, they had the best keyboard, and for a physical one, they still do. Then I got Swype. Take a look at the Youtube videos too and you'll see that you don't have to be all that accurate to use it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scalo

Reaction score
Swype is the way to go ....even though it is a beta it rocks.

Riley

Reaction score
I would chose Swype if they integrate voice. I switch back and forth between Swype and stock. If you don't use voice I'd use Swype...it rocks.

OP
P

Phaze08

Reaction score
yeah swype is great but I haven't quite got the hang of it but I love it. only thing I don't like is it doesn't put in periods automatically but ah well lol.

bitter

Reaction score
Has anyone found a working copy of Swype? Since the beta is closed, I can't get it. And the themed version I have say's the trial has expired. I'm using 2.2 and the HTC keyboard won't work for me either. I can't stand the stock one.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a working copy of Swype? Since the beta is closed, I can't get it. And the themed version I have say's the trial has expired. I'm using 2.2 and the HTC keyboard won't work for me either. I can't stand the stock one.

See the earlier post in the thread. Sign up for the beta at www.swype.com

Xaneth

Reaction score
Actually over at beta.swype.com. Registration is still open,