Virtual Keyboard App?

jf2oo6

Reaction score
I had the iphone for a little while and texting on it with the keyboard in landscape was awesome. the word corrections also worked great in changing my mispelled words.

is there an app for the droid that will work like this? i use handcent and even that program cannot recognize misspelled words.

also does anyone have trouble with the virtaul keyboard being kinda slow? if i start typing fast it will only really catch a couple of the letters i hit.

srk7900

Reaction score
I think "Better Keyboard" is supposed to be good. I'm looking for a good keyboard app as well. Maybe somebody else can chime in and let us know the real name of the app and the developer if possible. I recall seeing more than one called "Better Keyboard", I think.:unsure:

Zecpull

Reaction score
On screen both ways

The Droid keyboard on screen works both ways..But they are different. The vertical Keyboard is my favorite. It has a .com key and a @ key. it also has the complete the word feature you talked about. But it also has a pretty good Real keyboard, I have to admit though I liked the one on my Envy3 better.

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score
has anyone tried the better keyboard app. i think ive seen that one too.

bcg33478

Reaction score
The Droid keyboard on screen works both ways..But they are different. The vertical Keyboard is my favorite. It has a .com key and a @ key. it also has the complete the word feature you talked about. But it also has a pretty good Real keyboard, I have to admit though I liked the one on my Envy3 better.

My virtual keyboard does not have the .com nor @ keys. Is there something I need to switch on or change settings?

mjs31

Reaction score
I am lost on this. My regular keyboard does everything you ask in portrait or landscape (auto correct, predictive text word recommendation etc.). Make your settings are up to date. Also, better keyboard is nice, but the auto correction is terrible right now. I used it for a few days and am now back to the regular board. Funny thing is...using it and going back has caused my speed to greatly increase and the accuracy as well, on the regular board. I much prefer the standard now.
As for delays, some have reported that, but some have also said it may be due to a lack of multi touch on the keypad. Hoping they correct this with an update.

holee

Reaction score
I've tried Better Keyboard. It seems identical to the normal keyboard to me. Layout, size, etc. The ability to load skins is nice. And the T9 is active full-time.

But the default keyboard is pretty good, imo.

The only superior keyboard I've tried is the HTC one, but since it's sort of a hack, the resolution's off on it (it was designed for smaller resolution screens).

OP
J

jf2oo6

Reaction score
im sorry but can someone explain what multitouch is for the keyboard? i thought multitouch was just the pinch and zoom thing

RacerX

Reaction score
I am lost on this. My regular keyboard does everything you ask in portrait or landscape (auto correct, predictive text word recommendation etc.).

Could you elaborate on this? How do you have a landscape/horizontal virtual keyboard? Or by "regular" do you mean the slide out hard keyboard and on that you have predictive words like the verticle virtual keyboard????

srk7900

Reaction score
I am lost on this. My regular keyboard does everything you ask in portrait or landscape (auto correct, predictive text word recommendation etc.). Make your settings are up to date. Also, better keyboard is nice, but the auto correction is terrible right now. I used it for a few days and am now back to the regular board. Funny thing is...using it and going back has caused my speed to greatly increase and the accuracy as well, on the regular board. I much prefer the standard now.
As for delays, some have reported that, but some have also said it may be due to a lack of multi touch on the keypad. Hoping they correct this with an update.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm just gonna roll with the standard keyboard. The more I've been using it the better I've gotten. Just need to be more patient. Actually found myself really starting to dig the physical keyboard.

srk7900

Reaction score
I am lost on this. My regular keyboard does everything you ask in portrait or landscape (auto correct, predictive text word recommendation etc.).

Could you elaborate on this? How do you have a landscape/horizontal virtual keyboard? Or by "regular" do you mean the slide out hard keyboard and on that you have predictive words like the verticle virtual keyboard????
To get the virtual landscape keyboard just tip your droid over and touch the area you are trying to input text into.