Keyboard icon

drtnsnw

Reaction score
There is a keyboard looking thing that pops up on my status bar after ICS. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? It only pops up when typing and if I pull down the drop down menu it says select input method. If I click it it brings up a screen with my 3 keyboard options

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Seems that comes up if you have more then one keyboard selected in your settings. If you go to settings and keyboard and uncheck all except the native touch input, it won't come up anymore. Of course, that limits you to that keyboard and takes away voice typing. However, with it there, it does give you a quick way to change your input. I use Swype and the voice to text input doesn't work with the current release in ics. However, with that keyboard on the notification bar, I can easily switch to Google voice if I want.

WTF??

Reaction score
If you go to settings and keyboard and uncheck all except the native touch input, it won't come up anymore.

False. Touch Input is the only keyboard I have on my rz and it still shows up.
Any other way to disable the icon?

MJKneuro

Reaction score
WTF?? said:
False. Touch Input is the only keyboard I have on my rz and it still shows up.
Any other way to disable the icon?

Funny, when I uncheck my other keyboards (Swype, Google voice) in settings, they notification bar keyboard no longer shows up. I bet you have Google voice checked.

WTF??

Reaction score
Funny, when I uncheck my other keyboards (Swype, Google voice) in settings, they notification bar keyboard no longer shows up. I bet you have Google voice checked.

Ah... you are correct my friend. I unchecked that GV option (and selected Touch Input) and the keyboard icon does disappear.
But the downside is that the Voice-To-Text gets disabled like you mentioned.

Blah.... Guess I'll have to get used to it lol

Thanks for the help :biggrin:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems that comes up if you have more then one keyboard selected in your settings. If you go to settings and keyboard and uncheck all except the native touch input, it won't come up anymore. Of course, that limits you to that keyboard and takes away voice typing. However, with it there, it does give you a quick way to change your input. I use Swype and the voice to text input doesn't work with the current release in ics. However, with that keyboard on the notification bar, I can easily switch to Google voice if I want.

Does swype render correctly for you? In portrait mine covers about half the part it used to cover

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From an N7

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Seems to be the same. When did you notice a change? With ics? With .12 specifically? Swype 1.0.3.5089?

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Problem is I use SwiftKey as my keyboard. Guess I will just ignore it.

Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2