Keyboard

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I've been having problems a lot with HTC's Keyboard on the Rezound too. I actually think it may be something to do with the keyboard not being optimized for higher resolution devices. I feel like the accuracy of key presses is bad on it because of that, which causes all sorts of problems. Furthermore, I have like lag issue as well. I don't have the problem when I type on my friend's EVO 4G or another friend's Galaxy S so I know it isn't just me having bad typing skills.

SwiftKey solves the problem with the keyboard lag. I didn't like it at first cause of the word prediction wasn't all that great. But once it started to learn it more and more it had gotten alot better now. There are times when I still get keyboard lag but that is very little.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded FlexT9 last night and wow, I didn't realize I had a very slight lag in Swype and Swift Key until the FlexT9 was enabled. The handwriting keyboard kinda sucks but the typing, sliding and word predictions are very fast and accurate. I fully expected I'd be getting a refund, because it was an unkown to me, but wanted to give it a shot and I'm glad I did

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

cece5702

Reaction score
How can I use swype on the swift keyboard?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

jeffe65

Reaction score
Under the Swiftkey selection in Settings, go to Advanced > Gestures, and check the box for swiping gestures.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
Under the Swiftkey selection in Settings, go to Advanced > Gestures, and check the box for swiping gestures.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I did but I can't swipe! :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
I downloaded FlexT9 last night and wow, I didn't realize I had a very slight lag in Swype and Swift Key until the FlexT9 was enabled. The handwriting keyboard kinda sucks but the typing, sliding and word predictions are very fast and accurate. I fully expected I'd be getting a refund, because it was an unkown to me, but wanted to give it a shot and I'm glad I did

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

i've tried a bunch and flex T9 is the fastest. Swype/SwiftKey/SlideIT/FlexT9

swype just tgot updated to work with ICS so maybe they fixed the issue with it not working well on HD screens like the rezound. may give it a shot again.

Zebulon

Reaction score
I've tried Many before I found one that best suited me. When I found Swift Key X, I knew I'd found what I wanted. I've used it so long that it pretty much knows what I'm going to type and I only have to put in about 2 letters and it throws my word up. Can't beat it, in my opinion. Oh yeah. It also has Swype on it. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
"I had Swype on my Bionic and like it. When I moved to the Rezound Swype is not available unless I am missing something and someone can point me in the right direction."

Rezound has a built-in "Swype" like keyboard. To me, it seems exactly the same as Swype.

From the manual:

"Trace keyboard in Settings > Language & keyboard > Touch Input
> Trace keyboard must be selected for you to use the Trace
keyboard."

Zebulon

Reaction score
I thought that the SwiftKey X app had Swype built into it but it, apparently, just comes loaded in the Bionic anyway. I've never even tried it. I'm not sure I could handle it.--lol