Kernels and speeds on 3.0

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
It is supposed to enable compcache, which, IIRC, enables the OS to use SDcard space as memory. It is analogous to your "Virtual Memory" in Windows. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

I have yet to get it to work on 3.0 though. I've tried P3 and Slayher's kernels with their respective compcache modules to no avail.

czonin

Reaction score
It is supposed to enable compcache, which, IIRC, enables the OS to use SDcard space as memory. It is analogous to your "Virtual Memory" in Windows. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

I have yet to get it to work on 3.0 though. I've tried P3 and Slayher's kernels with their respective compcache modules to no avail.

Ahh okay thanks so much for the help. How about that app called Swapper....what does that do? And since you have used both P3Droid and Slayher kernels, which did you find to run better?

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
The app Swapper does the same thing, but just uses more SD card space.

Each phone is different, my experiences with X kernel won't necessarily give you the same results. The only really way would be to flash both, run some benchmarks, use for a couple hours to gauge real-world performance and battery drain, then compare for yourself. Some phones will be blazing fast with a 1.2GHz kernel, others won't even boot.