DeOdexed GB and Overclocking

coltzfan

Reaction score
Ok here is my situation. Yesterday I SBF and installed DXGBRooted and installed the DX/D2overclock and set it at ULV 1.2ghz and it was running extremely fast....averaging 1900 on Quadrant and Smartbench 2011 was good as well. So I set at boot and when I rebooted it froze and I could not get back to DX bootstrap as I was unaware of the debugging was causing the issue. and I had to SBF and start all over again.

Today, I installed the Deodex over the DXGBRooted and have it up and running. I tried Quickclock as I was more familiar with it and it was calibrating for over 45 minutes for the VSEL at 300mhz and I finally cancelled it at -276 and I had lag big time. uninstalled and rebooted and went back to the stock launcher by deleting Golauncher and am playing with DXoverclock now. So here are my results.....

Medium volt 1.2 ghz not set at boot yet....

My Smartbench score was 941, 947, 944
My Quardrant was 1496, 1507, 1570, 2032, 2137, 2049, 2082, 2106, 1798

I am still not sure I should set at boot for the above reason, although now that I am running D2 bootstrap, i can get back to recovery, but these Quad scores to me seem to be rather erratic. The last time I did any over clocking and it was on the D1 installing ULV kernels from Chevy. That was easy.

Should I set at boot? or just overclock each time I boot up? I am looking for better battery life and snappier response. What is the opinions of everyone about overclocking with GB...is it worth it? does my quad scores seem correct? or should I just say screw it and stick with the stock speeds and voltage?

Thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score
i know some people are all about overclocking, but i will not trust this phone to "set at boot" for the reasons you posted. i for one, take the 15 seconds to set it up myself and i never have to worry about it.

and FWIW, dont that quadrant seriously....the numbers dont mean much. i once went from 500 to 1500 one after another with no changes to the phone.

loonie01

Reaction score
With GB installed. you should not have to overclock. It's snappy as is. once you start to overclock this thing it will drain your battery.

izzo540

Reaction score
ive been having similar problems. After performing super user tasks once I restart I experience SERIOUS lag, and I notice that my CPU usage on my monitor is 100% at all times. Even after restart something is freaking out. If I factory reset and what not it was fine again. I think it has something to do with super user and not just over clocking because I also experienced a similar issue one time with droid 2 bootstrap during this whole GB leak test phase. I wouldnt overclock just yet to be honest I would try and stay away from many super user features that are setting at boot, seems to be causing an issue.,

meshdub

Reaction score
I don't do much overclocking, but I always undervolt to save the battery. Basically I run Quickclock calibrate and then just use the default profile, which has undervolted values. What I noticed though is I have to raise VSEL values by 2-3. Otherwise I get random reboots once every ~3 hours because they are too low.

Oh and I'll second turdbogls on Quadrant scores. You never know what processes could be running in the background interfering with benchmarking. I wouldn't take it seriously. These phones have enough horsepower to run pretty much anything you through at it. I would rather pay more attention to how long the battery lasts and smooth and responsive the interface is.

OP
coltzfan

coltzfan

Reaction score
I took a break from over clocking for today. Lol. I might check out under volting for the battery life as well. Even at 1ghz it is super fast.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SuperChargedJ

Reaction score
So far, underclocking my Droid X w/ GB 2.3.3 I'm getting battery life similar to that of Rubix 2.0.1. I will continue to do more tests but I'm loving the battery life. Even overclocking, the speed is very comparable if not a bit faster than Rubix.