Kernels and speeds on 3.0

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
What is everyone noticing speedwise from linpack and quadrant? I'm curious to see some scores. I've tried various clock speeds and got my phone to boot up at 1275, but alas it died shortly after lol. QS hasn't worked for me as of yet, it always goes back to the main screen at the 3d check =/ mflops @ 1.2 ghz on slayher w/o compcache - ~15.9 average

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
you have to remember also this is not zip alligned or optimized yet. all that stuff is saved for final release. final will be even faster and smoother. :)

KillerVamp

Reaction score
UD 3.0 was fast for me, like faster than most 2.2 roms. It also felt much more fluid and smooth. Can't wait for the final release!

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
I'm using Slayher's 1.0GHz kernel and getting around 14mflops on Linpack and I had the same problem as you with QS.
Aside from the numbers, the speed and "feel" of this ROM is much smoother and faster than any 2.2 ROM I've tried.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ same scores. Its super smooth so far! The only issue I'm having is adw ex is choppy.

Darkside86

Reaction score
^ same scores. Its super smooth so far! The only issue I'm having is adw ex is choppy.

Adw ex was very choppy for me as well, I switched to launcher pro and don't have near as many screen redraws. Think I might check out zeam and maybe the go launcher. Other than that, this is a great beta, I've been running it for a few days now and have noticed a couple if reboot issues, but seems to havesettled down. I love the screen on/off animations. Looking forward to the official release.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ I turned off wallpaper scrolling & it stopped..... but no wallpaper scrolling! It was fine on 2.5 so maybe it'll get worked out. Might be adw needing to be updated for GB.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
you have to remember also this is not zip alligned or optimized yet. all that stuff is saved for final release. final will be even faster and smoother. :)

I think its fast enough for me now. If only the 3G data and backlight will get fix then it'll be complete in my book :)

DigiK

Reaction score
P3 Droid LV 1.2 with Ramswap module and Swapper at 64MB.

Performance is absolutely beautiful--like having a new phone. I highly recommend setting up a swap partition for OG Droids regardless of ROM version, as it will extend the usable life of this puppy all the way out to the two year upgrade and prevent premature application kills.

czonin

Reaction score
P3 Droid LV 1.2 with Ramswap module and Swapper at 64MB.

Performance is absolutely beautiful--like having a new phone. I highly recommend setting up a swap partition for OG Droids regardless of ROM version, as it will extend the usable life of this puppy all the way out to the two year upgrade and prevent premature application kills.

Can you send me a link to the P3Droid kernels?