Keep thunderbolt or wait for bionic ?

itsmeduality

Reaction score
I currently have the HTC Thunderbolt, i love the phone but the battery just plain sucks. With the stock battery i get about 3-4 hours and with the extended i get 6-7 but the phone is really bulky and heavy. Im thinking about returning it and going for the bionic..... what do you guys think? Is the bionic going to be any better ? I mean i know the bionic is dual core with 512 ram (pc grade) and a really good screen resolution. But the front cam is .3 mp and i hate moto blur. Is there going to be an update to fix the Thunderbolts battery issues ?

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Yeah htc is working on an update to fix many glitches in phone including battery life. We are also supposed to have more than 2.5 gb of internal storage...the system is stuck using it for some reason thats also ganna be fixed. But the batt they may not be able to fix well, i mean your powering a 4.3 inch screen, LTE data, and 1ghz processor with 768mb of ram...how can you not expect problems lol?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I want to get HTC

If past manufacturing is a issue I'd get the HTC. I've had two Motorola products during the 3G stage the droid 2 and the droidx. Both had manufactor flaws. Droid X had a volume rocker issue where you couldn't lower the volume of a call in the ear piece unless you either pulled the phone away from your face, or pushed both buttons at the same time frist then you were free to use the lower volume button.

On the Droid 2 there was a high pitch noise during random calls. This happened on 2 phones. The first one I picked up on Craigs list that was brand new and 2nd one that I paid Verizon $600 plus.

I like the Droid X for all other reasons so a lot of people would day this is no big deal. I look at it this way when ou pay $600.00 for a phone to me it's a big deal.

Now back to the topic at hand. The HTC is going to have 768 ram and there own sense software of which I heard good things about. From what I heard the battery life is not going to be good. If they fix it I'd still stick with HTC. Yes HDMI and Dual core sounds great. I don't know if the apps now use dual core. from what I understand the HTC processor aretchture is suppose to be faster and beat the bench marks of the the tegra thats in the motorola. But yet Motorla has dual core. with DDR2 ram which amounts to 512. Personally I think it's going to balance out. If I was going to be Non bias I'd say wait to the Bionic comes out and try them both out in the store but I personally don't think you will see that much of a difference unless you are going to be using the phone for heavy gaming. let's try to use an anology

You have a P4 wth a gig of Ram and you have a pentium dual core 768 gig both have XP. (remember the p4 is DDR1 memory and the Pentium Dual core is DDR2.) If you are going to use it for the internet and older appications you won't see much a difference unless the software requires more and more resourses such as windows updates. If one of the updates installs IE8 from IE6 then you might have a advantage with the Pentium dual core. Again it won't be that great and you might still bottle neck because you are lacking in Memory.

In my opinion it's a tough call but given the Anology if you want to see a differece and invest in dual core I'd wait till more memory is installed and a high speed processor. Rember the motorola phone is going to have HDMI and a more vibrant screen. If thats important then wait. Again you might use up more battery even through I heard the Battery is a bigger in the bionic. But then you have dual core and a fancy screen.

When it comes to the processor and Memory the type, the software plays in my opinion the most important aspect. Case in point if you use a PC to play soltaire weather you get a P2 550mhz with 64 megs of ram (1999) or an I7 processor with 8 Gig's (8000 meg's) (2011) The solitaire game is going to look the same (given the fact the OS is the same and both processors can handle it)

Given my experience with Motorola I'd stick with HTC I'd also stick with HTC if your not going to be using very heavy apps. If you want to be a little future proof go with Motorola. Again I'd like to see a wider spread on the processor and memory speed before the investment. there almost identical in processor speed and we might know the storage amount of memory but we don't know the memory speed Remember (ddr1 pc3200) or (ddr2 PC2 3200) which is almost the same speed at 400 mhz. with (ddr1) pc3200 which is 400 mhz and DDR2 pc2-8400 which is 800 mhz. you would see a difference.

Just because it says Dual Core you have to actually know what they are putting in the phone. Are they putting in heavy apps? besides the the memory stroage amount what is the memory speed? What is the processor speed, and what articteture are they using. Anyway my friend good luck and i hope you get the phone that will make you happy.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I got the 2750 batt shipped with the phone and it lasts a very long time. Had over 50% left after 15 hours of moderate use. I am such a huge HTC fan first with DINC and now TB. I'm not sure what a dual core feels like but this single core is snappy. No lag to speak of whatsoever.

Sent from my TB using DroidForums App