Is the HTC Thunderbolt that bad??

tadow213m

Reaction score
Anyone here considering the bionic?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
OK, I switched mine to LTE only mode and it's been off the charger since 7am this morning (ET) and I still have 77% left on my battery. So 3G only gives good battery life and so does LTE only, it seems to be the LTE/CDMA (auto) that causes the issues.

Kittysback

Reaction score
Since the latest update aside from a few quirks the phone functions well enough.

But the battery life even with 4G turned off is just unacceptably bad.

Define unacceptably bad. I keep mine on 3g most of the time and get 14 - 20 hours without recharging so most days I just plug it in before going to bed and that's all it takes.

Thats exactly what I do. I get a full day and charge at night (and battery isnt totally dead then). Everything is stock, and I am in 3G area.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

IronBeagle

Reaction score
How do you change it to LTE only? I am in a 4G LTE area now.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Anyone here considering the bionic?

Definitely. It's the phone I wanted months and months ago. I picked up the TB in March because I was under the impression that youd need to be on a 4G unlimited plan to get grandfathered in to 4G unlimited data. Turns out I could have just kept my Droid X and used my upgrade on the Bionic instead of the Thunderbolt.

Oh well, what's done is done.. looks like Ill be buying a Bionic for full price. It's going to be crazy expensive, but I need a phone that works. I only hope Ill be able to get at least 200 for my TB.

polish23

Reaction score
I can understand why some people are upset about the failures of both HTC and vzw on this phone but to think that the bionic will be a saving grace is just plain ignorance... It will more than likely have launch issues as it has had all year and on top of that there is still the issue with dual core processors overheating the phones themselves I would rather wait with my rooted thunderbolt for a year which gets me through a regular day for the next year than waste my money on a phone that isn't even out yet which has already failed with "design" flaws and processor flaws since being unveiled in January at CES

Sent from my bamf'd bolt!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Went from Droid 1, to Droid X, to Droid Charge, back to Droid X, back to Droid Charge and now on the Thunderbolt. My first HTC phone and loving it.

I'm no longer looking forward to the Bionic release. I'll wait on the next best thing from HTC for my next new phone.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I prefer sense over blur any day. I didn't mind vanilla android on my d1 either but I plan on sticking to htc phones now because of sense. I am getting a samsung tablet though because can't wait for an htc one!

I am gonna laugh when the bionic is released and there are bugs with it. The over heating dual core eating more battery than thunderbolt and all the other little things that many phones have. By then we might have gingerbread, which would make the thunderbolt more stable. All speculation of course, but phones have issues. And as we know especially is true to delayed phones.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I couldn't care less if it has GB or not at this point. Does everything I need as-is, and does it well.

alboboy10

Reaction score
The bionic might not even be released. Its already late months and months. Wonder why

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The bionic might not even be released. Its already late months and months. Wonder why

Maybe Motorola didnt want a Thunderbolt-esque fiasco on their hands?

Considering that the MR2 OTA has finally made the TB a decent device, this phone should have been delayed months and months to give HTC a chance to get it ready for prime time.

EDIT: And it's definitely coming out. http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/28/motorola-ceo-droid-bionic-will-be-in-stores-in-september/ .. It seems like Moto is taking their time so they can release a reliable device, so I can endure the TB for another month or so.

gmtekk

Reaction score
i think the tb rocks. best phone out there right now. i even tried the droid3..and that was real junk.!

OP
F

FordStang

Reaction score
The Bionic isnt going to be released til September. Weak!!!! I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on the Thunderbolt. I really like how it looks. Its got better design than any Motorola I have seen. Is it hard to LEARN how to root the phone?

pappabacon

Reaction score
This is my favorite phone. If swype would release a proper installation it would be even better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk