Kangerade Scripts

epinezoid

Reaction score
I just flashed Lithium Mod 1.0.12 Strawberry Flavored from ROM Manager, and I absolutely love it! I did have a question though. I tried using the Kangerade Scripts app to change the boot animation, and it didn't change anything. I placed the bootanimation.zip in the root of the /sdcard folder like it said, ran the script, rebooted, but nothing had changed. I just get the Droid Eye animation. Any idea? I've very new to all of this. Thanks

listenman20

Reaction score
might check to see if you have a bootanimation stuck in data/local it will override the bootanimation in system/media

OP
epinezoid

epinezoid

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. It's weird, I go into my /data folder and it says it's empty, there's not a local sub-folder. I found a bootanimation file in /system/bin, but couldn't do much with it(except I deleted it. oops). I also tried moving the bootanimation folder to that folder, but from Astro, I can't seem to move files for some reason.

listenman20

Reaction score
astro for whatever reason doesn't read the data folder. would need to look at it via root explorer or some other file explorer. sorry it took so long to get back to you on this...another thing...i think with that version of kangerade scripts you had to have th goodies folder already set up on your card. so it may be that it's not there is the reason why you're not seeing a change.

OP
epinezoid

epinezoid

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, especially regarding Astro. I thought I had installed the Goodies folder prior to attempting the boot animation switch. Don't know. I've since gone to PE 5, though, so it's not of a huge concern atm. Thanks again though!