Kangerade LWP?

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Hi - I'm a bit of a noob - I have rooted my stock 2.1 droid and overclocked it so far so good.
I was looking at the great LWP included in the Kangerade ROM and was wondering if there was a way to just put some of those LWPs on my rooted droid - I downloaded the "goodies.zip" file and saw Livewallpaper.apk and tried to install but it didn't work - is there something I'm missing? (DUH there is DEFINITELY something I'm missing...)
Any help would be met with gratitude.

jjenrette76

Reaction score
go to your goodies file and press whick one you want and should tell you that its moved to a new folder or some shiz like that... then go to your LWP and pick the Nexus One and it should pop up...works for me

bluesupra

Reaction score
Hi - I'm a bit of a noob - I have rooted my stock 2.1 droid and overclocked it so far so good.
I was looking at the great LWP included in the Kangerade ROM and was wondering if there was a way to just put some of those LWPs on my rooted droid - I downloaded the "goodies.zip" file and saw Livewallpaper.apk and tried to install but it didn't work - is there something I'm missing? (DUH there is DEFINITELY something I'm missing...)

after you downloaded the goodies.zip, you need to do
1. move it to root sd card
2. rename it to update.zip
3. boot to recovery ( hold x + power button)
4. choose instal zip
5. after reboot, in launcher, ckilk kangerade script then choose livewallpaper
6. enjoyy

bright2018

Reaction score

open ROM Manager and click on Install ROM from SD Card. Choose goodies.zip and click ok. No need to wipe data and cache. You can create a backup if you want (not needed).

You will then be able to open up Kangerade Scripts and apply one of the lwp's. :biggrin:

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score

open ROM Manager and click on Install ROM from SD Card. Choose goodies.zip and click ok. No need to wipe data and cache. You can create a backup if you want (not needed).

You will then be able to open up Kangerade Scripts and apply one of the lwp's. :biggrin:

OK - I copied the zip onto my SD card - installed through ROM Manager and the phone installed and rebooted.
Now what? The only thing that happened was my phone slowed down - how do I access the wallpapers?
Sorry for the need for step by step - but I'm just not that familiar (yet) with the ins and outs.....

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Maybe something is wrong?
I went to Terminal Emulator
Typed "su"
then typed the name of one of the livewallpaper scripts from the zip file and it said it wasn't found.

bright2018

Reaction score

OK - I copied the zip onto my SD card - installed through ROM Manager and the phone installed and rebooted.
Now what? The only thing that happened was my phone slowed down - how do I access the wallpapers?
Sorry for the need for step by step - but I'm just not that familiar (yet) with the ins and outs.....

1. open up your app drawer
2. click on Kangerade Scripts (this comes with all of JRummy's Kangerade ROMS)
3. chose install lwp
4. pick the one you would like to install
5. go back to home screen and choose menu>wallpaper>live wallpapers
6. your new wallpaper should be under the lwp called neural network
7. select that lwp and there you go

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
I don't have Kangerade installed - only stock 2.1 rooted. I don't have Kangerade scripts in my app drawer. I only installed the "goodies.zip" not the entire ROM.
Do I need the entire ROM in order to use the Live Wallpapers?

bright2018

Reaction score
Maybe something is wrong?
I went to Terminal Emulator
Typed "su"
then typed the name of one of the livewallpaper scripts from the zip file and it said it wasn't found.

you will have to go to the goodies folder on your sd card and look in there.

open terminal emulator and type:
cd sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers
ls

you should see all the lwp's that were installed when you installed the goodies.zip folder

bright2018

Reaction score
OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Also since installing goodies my droid is slower, cpu temp is hotter and it won't go from landscape to portrait.

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
OK another weird thing. I had nandroid backup - when I boot into recovery I now have clockwork? It won't let me go to nandroid and says I have no backup files?

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
OK another weird thing. I had nandroid backup - when I boot into recovery I now have clockwork? It won't let me go to nandroid and says I have no backup files?
If you used ROM Manager, you probably flashed ClockworkMod without realizing it. Don't worry though, it's a simplified version of SPR and I actually like it better. Been using it for almost 2 weeks now, it's a lot more versitile than SPR, seeing how SPR needs everything in the root of your SD, while ClockworkMod lets you go into different folders/directories.

SPR and CWM use different directories for their nandroids. SPR puts nandroids in /sdcard/nandroid while CWM puts nandroids in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backups. You could try putting the nandroid you want into the CWM directory or flash SPR back. ROM Manager gives you the option of flashing SPR back.

I'm pretty sure you need the full Kangerade rom to use the goodies/Kangerade Scripts. The scripts are located in the sys directory I think, they look for the files in the goodies folder though.

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Thanks Swift,
The problems (slowness, etc) have cleared up. The LWPs still won't work, but at least the phone is OK.
I will check and see if putting the nandroid backups into that other folder work - that's a good point.
Thanks again.