kangerade 1.1 transparent FROYO!!

mike919

Reaction score
Check it out! Froyo is transparent! kang looks even better! thank you to Xeudoxus for the patch!

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
check out the transparency patch in xeudoxus xUltimate thread...

simply download the patching exe, put your services.jar file in with it in the same directory, and run the patching exe. it patches your services.jar. push it back to the phone and walla. transparent backgrounds!

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
the blue glass on Jrummy's blue is just friggin awesome... these devs go above and beyond what we deserve considering its "free"... i hope they get plenty of donations...

Eschy

Reaction score
finally they figured this out!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked that in the 2.1 ROMs

cnmsales

Reaction score
Would someone please be kind enough to give a step by step walk through on how to do this.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Would someone please be kind enough to give a step by step walk through on how to do this.

use a file manager to navigate to system/framework and copy your services.jar to your SDcard...

go to xUltimate thread in Xeudoxus' forum and download transparency patcher (x86 for xp 32 bit, x64 for win7 64bit)

extract the file you download from Xeudoxus.

Create a folder on the root of your C:\ drive that contains NO SPACES. call it whatever you want. call it (patcher)

put the TP.exe program and your services.jar from your SD card in this folder.

run the TP exe. It does all the work for you.

use ADB to push the services.jar file back to your phone.

jgrubbs

Reaction score
i can get everything done up until the adb push back to the phone, it doesnt even give me an option, screen just closes on me and doesnt ask.

jgrubbs

Reaction score
could i just copy paste modded services.jar file back to the original spot and overwrite?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
adb is a separate program... are you familiar with using ADB?? you can try pushing it back into your phone using the terminal... put the modified services.jar back on your SDcard and push it using the terminal... if your running kang 1.1 do this.

put modded services.jar backon root of sd card and type in

su
mountsys
cp sdcard/services.jar /system/framework
unmount sys
reboot

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
could i just copy paste modded services.jar file back to the original spot and overwrite?

u can certainly try it if your running root explorer or entered Godmode... should work the same... just make sure you reboot after its replaced to see if it worked...

also, if the image in the framework of your current rom is NOT transparent, i don't believe it will show as transparent... you will have to do some modding to your framework-res.apk as well...

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
What is ADB?

you have 97 posts and don't know what ADB is?? lol

sorry im just busting your chops... read up on it.. if you aren't familiar with it, thats ok. just use the terminal until you can read up on it...

are you familiar with the terminal??

jgrubbs

Reaction score
waiting on reboot, thanks for the quick response. im used to terminal. thanks again