kangerade 1.1 transparent FROYO!!

redheadch

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm still stuck. I've got the transparent notification background all set. I need some help changing the color of the actual item line, it's still gray. I know where the .png is but I don't know how to change the color so it will stay. I changed it to black which would be fine but I guess I didn't do it right, it didn't take it. (although I would really like it to be transparent too like ReGReT had on the screenshot). So can someone walk me through it? Thanks.

BullDroid

Reaction score
What about those of us that run Windows Vista 64bit on our comps?? Left out in the cold i see? :(

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What about those of us that run Windows Vista 64bit on our comps?? Left out in the cold i see? :(

The x64 patch file doesn't work for you??

redheadch

Reaction score
I finally figured this out! But I only could get the notification item backgrounds to black, so if anyone can help me figure out how to get them transparent I'd appreciate it. Not really familiar with photoshop.

lethalpimp

Reaction score
works well, only thing that is transparent though it notification drop down.

Did exactly as instructions said, except used root explorer to copy it back into framework and then I set the permissions there.

Last edited:

BullDroid

Reaction score
Would someone please be kind enough to give a step by step walk through on how to do this.

use a file manager to navigate to system/framework and copy your services.jar to your SDcard...

go to xUltimate thread in Xeudoxus' forum and download transparency patcher (x86 for xp 32 bit, x64 for win7 64bit)

extract the file you download from Xeudoxus.

Create a folder on the root of your C:\ drive that contains NO SPACES. call it whatever you want. call it (patcher)

put the TP.exe program and your services.jar from your SD card in this folder.

run the TP exe. It does all the work for you.

use ADB to push the services.jar file back to your phone.

See it just states xp and windows 7 64bit

SoDroid

Reaction score
I hope this works with Windows 7 32-bit, about to give it a shot.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
x86 is for all 32 bit OS's and x64 for all 64 bit systems...

stark23x

Reaction score
x86 is for all 32 bit OS's and x64 for all 64 bit systems...

It failed on my 32bit win 7 system but worked like a charm on my xp box...so I'm not sure if this is 100% right. Of course it could be *my* machine that failed. Honestly this stuff is above my pay grade, I'm lucky I got it to work at all. :)

truestloyaltyeva

Reaction score
WORKED GREAT MIKE!! How about a step by step on how to change notification, battery and clock colors?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
WORKED GREAT MIKE!! How about a step by step on how to change notification, battery and clock colors?

There are step by step tutorials on changing them to any color you want, i'll find the link that i used. VERY simple and easy for beginners...

BUT, if you want an update.zip, remember Jrummy was awesome enough to post them on his Kang 1-1 OP...

if you use any of those remember to be PATIENT upon reboot as it alters your services.jar and framework-res... wait up to at least 5-6 minutes...

on top of that, you will have to REpatch your services.jar.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
as far as changing the battery i can give you a step by step of how I do it, but you will lose the 10% battery increments. not sure how concerned about that you are.