Just wondering about Android 4.0...

wseyller

Reaction score
It will come with 2.3.4 gingerbread. Nobody know if or when the bionic will get ice cream sandwich but it likely will.

Last edited:

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
The Bionic Ice Cream? Sounds good

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
[ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
I heard it will work with phone that do have the extra capacitive buttons. Those buttons being there are do not remove the ability of using 4.0

yiannis

Reaction score
Have been thinking about this as well. First of all, 4.0 will likely be mostly for developers early on. Some Apps will not work and will not be optimized for 4.0. Secondly those who choose to remain unrooted will probably have to wait for Motorola to issue an OTA update. Historically Motorola have tried to keep their flagship product up to date (see D1 update history from 2.0 to 2.2). My guess is that it will take about 6 months following the release of the first 4.0 device for it to trickle down to the bionic. You can always root your bionic and have it 6 weeks post release...

The Bionic's hardware should be able to handle 4.0 with ease.

wseyller

Reaction score
Have been thinking about this as well. First of all, 4.0 will likely be mostly for developers early on. Some Apps will not work and will not be optimized for 4.0. Secondly those who choose to remain unrooted will probably have to wait for Motorola to issue an OTA update. Historically Motorola have tried to keep their flagship product up to date (see D1 update history from 2.0 to 2.2). My guess is that it will take about 6 months following the release of the first 4.0 device for it to trickle down to the bionic. You can always root your bionic and have it 6 weeks post release...

The Bionic's hardware should be able to handle 4.0 with ease.

I can agree with that. I believe it will take quite a while to get it officially. If we eventually have the bionic opened up enough to install our own roms and hopefully kernels then I believe we will have our first taste of ice cream sandwich (no pun intended) from a custom rom.

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm gonna root my Bionic when I get one or I might wait on the Prime. Hopefully their will be 4.0 Custom ROMS for the Bionic.

Insidious

Reaction score
I can almost promise you the Bionic will get 4.0 because moto signed a deal with google to actively update all new phones for at least 18 months.

Sent from my Droid Prime using DroidForums