Android 4.0 release?

Signify

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was recently informed that the Bionic and the Razr both do not use both of their dual processors because they do not have the software to do so yet. Supposedly, this functionality is added in the Android 4.0 update. Aside from the vague 'sometime soon' answers, does anyone happen to be able to give a more definite time when this update will be available? My Bionic is currently unrooted. I do not want to void the warrenty on it yet. :p

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, no official date. Sometimes you'll see a post of someone who talked to someone at Verizon or Moto with a date, but the next person who does that will have something different.

Sometime in 2012, maybe in a couple of months, maybe summer.

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
As stated above no definite date... I am hopeful it will be in Q1 but that is just my opinion...

~it's not just a phone~

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It uses both processors, it's just not fully optimized for them. My guess would be Q2 though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
S

Signify

Reaction score
What is Q1 and Q2? Also, I talked to a guy and he said this or next month. It better not be until summer.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
What is Q1 and Q2? Also, I talked to a guy and he said this or next month. It better not be until summer.

If they say next month, add two cause...I am sure moto & vzw will still have to review, test and approve these updates.

~it's not just a phone~

OP
S

Signify

Reaction score
If they say next month, add two cause...I am sure moto & vzw will still have to review, test and approve these updates.

~it's not just a phone~

Gah, Ice Cream Sandwich looks insane...I really want it now, lol. The UI looks a bit sleeker, and actual optimization for dual cores sounds even better.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it happens like it did with my OG Droid when it went to Froyo, somebody had gotten both versions of the install and posted it here. One was comparitively smaller and was patches to upgrade to Froyo whereas the larger file was a full install. Supposedly it was the version Verizon had if your update didn't work and they had to do it.

Very much like installing the .901 update, although the file name was "update.zip."

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Gah, Ice Cream Sandwich looks insane...I really want it now, lol. The UI looks a bit sleeker, and actual optimization for dual cores sounds even better.

I have the Nexus and it is nice...there are definitely some improvements that I like and then there are some things that are meh but I think overall, it is a nice upgrade and of course everyone will view it differently...if you get the chance (and saying that you haven't), you should stop by your local VZW store and see if they have a live Gnex on display...I think once the update does come, it will make the Razr and Bionic very nice phones still...

XHaloX

Reaction score
VERIZON said it would be released to the bionic in early 2012. THEY were also tlking about samsung galaxy s3

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
VERIZON said it would be released to the bionic in early 2012. THEY were also tlking about samsung galaxy s3

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Halo? Best game ever!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Zantillian

Reaction score
You know what? I was just thinking the same thing. When exactly is this update? Ive been bored out of my mind with what to do with my phone and was thinking about how neat it would be to finally get this update to tinker with. There has been zero news topics on this subject this year about the bionic getting the update. :mad: i mean, does anyone even talk about it? Lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know what? I was just thinking the same thing. When exactly is this update? Ive been bored out of my mind with what to do with my phone and was thinking about how neat it would be to finally get this update to tinker with. There has been zero news topics on this subject this year about the bionic getting the update. :mad: i mean, does anyone even talk about it? Lol

LOL...This year is only 14 days old!