just rooted phone

Reaction score
ok so i finally rooted my phone and now i dont know what the pro's are of having this done so if anyone could help me with this it would be great and is there a leaked version of ics if so i would love that

OP
bostonbassman78
Reaction score
ForumRunner_20120430_180525.png

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
ok so i finally rooted my phone and now i dont know what the pro's are of having this done so if anyone could help me with this it would be great and is there a leaked version of ics if so i would love that
Well whatever you do, do not download and install the leaked ICS 6.14.84 or .85. If you do you will be stuck with no way to fastboot back to stock. This mean no updates or upgrades...you will be stuck on that build...maybe forever. Also...do not delete system apps (those that you cannot delete w/o root). If you want to freeze apps that you don't use that is alright. Titanium Backup is a good app to use to freeze apps. There is going to be an OTA update in a couple of weeks most likely. You will need to be unrooted to get it. I don't know how you rooted, but you need to figure out how to unroot if you want the OTA update. Research Voodoo Root Keeper, you may want to use it to keep root when you update (OTA). Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. If the upcoming update is ICS Voodoo Root Keeper may not work anyway.

OP
bostonbassman78
Reaction score
Ya i have a utility that brings me back to stock and i have the ics from the 173 i heard the 181 one will not let u revert back to stock

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
OP
bostonbassman78
Reaction score
I did not use this version of ics i am still on the 173 build of ics i have tested it and have successfully fastbooted back to 173 i used the guys original ics installer 1.1

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I did not use this version of ics i am still on the 173 build of ics i have tested it and have successfully fastbooted back to 173 i used the guys original ics installer 1.1
Good, you're in good shape then. Glad to hear that.

OP
bostonbassman78
Reaction score
Ya i almost had it downloaded till i seen him post that u couldn't revert back to 181 i was like yup not installing that one lol

r314bd

Reaction score

smmfc

Reaction score
I liked ad blocking with my d1 but it was found at least on the d1 that ad blocking was eating the battery. Is that still an issue I never used it on my tbolt and haven't on my RAZR. Anyone have any feedback on it?