ICS Leak Bugs

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not a bug but for those that haven't tried to edit a contact yet, hopefully this will save you a little time. Used to be (in Gingerbread) tapping on a contact would bring up the option to call, text, edit, etc. Now tapping on the contact immediately dials the number. Just scrolling through the contacts can lead to unwanted calls if you happen to tap one of the entry's by mistake.
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer so it took me a little while, and a number of unwanted calls to figure it out. Seems like a few too many hoops to jump through just to edit a contact.
You first tap on the picture or icon on the left of the contact. That brings up a half screen pop up with the option to call, text or map and the contacts picture at the top. Tap the picture/icon on top and it will bring up the full screen with the contacts information. Then hit the settings (hard button on the phone) and you get the pop up option to edit, share, delete, set ringtone, etc.
Guess it's not that difficult, just seems like maybe a long press on the contact would bring up an option to edit (now does nothing), and eliminate the extra steps.
Anyone know of a shortcut I'm missing?

I haven't found the same. For me, if I tap on the phone number from within the contacts list, it brings up the contact edit screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

gling

Reaction score
I haven't found the same. For me, if I tap on the phone number from within the contacts list, it brings up the contact edit screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Well now I'm even more perplexed. I first thought it was just an ICS thing and now I find it's only my ICS thing. It's not so much the steps to edit a contact but more of an annoyance when scrolling through the contacts and accidentally tapping on one and end up calling them. I've looked through the settings and find no way to change this so if this is due to an installation error, I'll probably re-install the leak to see if that will fix it.
Just to confirm; you're on 6.14.75.XT912/ Version 4.0.3?

Edit:
I found the glitch in my phone/contacts (or maybe I'm the glitch) and just need some input on how other users of ICS contacts work when you access the phone. In the screen shots, one is the standard contact list with the alphabet running down the right side and the three catagories at top (Groups, People, Favorites). With this screen you can tap the contacts and get the option to edit, call, etc. Also in that screen, there's three soft buttons at the bottom, the one on the left is to launch the dialer screen.
The Dialer screen is where my phone defaults to when I hit the Phone icon from the home screen or lock screen. It has three different headings at top (Dialer, Recent, Phonebook). It's here that I am using the "Phonebook" at the top of the screen to access contacts and where it dials the number immediately when tapping an entry.
So my question is, is there an easy way I'm not seeing to toggle between these views and what does your screen default to when you press your phone app? At this point I have to tap the contacts picture in the phonebook, tap the picture again in the popup then hit the back arrow next to the contact name to get back to the main contact screen.
Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 49051View attachment 49052

Last edited: