just rooted droid x, cannot install ssx 2.2! please help

Alpinestars96

Reaction score
I rooted just fine, now after installing ssx 2.2 simply stunning using rom manager (like i have done on my og droid with roms) it reboots then starts installing for not even a second then I get a triangle with and exlamation point with the green android at the bottom and nothing happens. I have tried wiping all data along with every other option for wiping.
Anyone else have this problem? I rooted off of the latest update of Gingerbread. Thank you.

leftspin

Reaction score
try manually installing it in CWM. Reboot into clockwork recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik (dalvik can be found under "advanced"), choose install zip from sd card, navigate to the ROM zip (it's easiest to put it on the root of the SD so you don't have to deal with subfolders), select the rom and everything should go fine

OP
A

Alpinestars96

Reaction score
try manually installing it in CWM. Reboot into clockwork recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik (dalvik can be found under "advanced"), choose install zip from sd card, navigate to the ROM zip (it's easiest to put it on the root of the SD so you don't have to deal with subfolders), select the rom and everything should go fine

I can't do this with rom manager? I thought cwm and rom manager were the same. Sorry I guess im newer to this then I thought.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I can't do this with rom manager? I thought cwm and rom manager were the same. Sorry I guess im newer to this then I thought.

They are not the same thing. CWM is the actual custom recovery where ROM Manager is an app you can use in conjunction with it.

If you are still on rooted GB then no you can not use ROM Manager to install/boot into recovery, for that you still need to use bootstrap. Once you have SSX (or any other CM/2nd-init ROM) installed then you can use ROM Manager to do those things. So the initial SSX install will need to be done with bootstrap.

OP
A

Alpinestars96

Reaction score
They are not the same thing. CWM is the actual custom recovery where ROM Manager is an app you can use in conjunction with it.

If you are still on rooted GB then no you can not use ROM Manager to install/boot into recovery, for that you still need to use bootstrap. Once you have SSX (or any other CM/2nd-init ROM) installed then you can use ROM Manager to do those things. So the initial SSX install will need to be done with bootstrap.
Now I can't boot into recovery from rom manager. It just boots up normally. Why is that?

OP
A

Alpinestars96

Reaction score
Are you running ssx now?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I downloaded it but it will not install. ALso just bought boot strap and that didnt work either to get into recovery mode for CWM

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Which bootstrap? Droid X bootstrap ironically enough does not work well on a Droid X running GB. Try making sure USB debugging is disable then try to bootstrap again.

jhutchh

Reaction score
Droidx bootstrap works with USB debugging OFF and Droid 2 bootstrap works with it on...

sent from my droidX that eats blackberries and apples for breakfast ;)

Tshing02

Reaction score
Use Droid2 bootstrap. Works perfectly

Swyped from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Running SSX 2.2