Just got this phone, extremely frustrated

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
Hm I'm running stock 2.1 and I don't see it. Weird.

i am running 2.1 stock too and i dont see it either. but he says he can get it for me :D so thus i downloaded astro file manager like he said.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Download this attachment to your phone. Then open up astro and click downloads. Find this zip, tap it, and then tap the app, and it will prompt you to install it.

After it is done installing, go to your home screen, press the menu button on your phone (the four lines) click add, widgets, and then find the one called fancy widget.

If the weather icon on the widget doesn't pop up, go to where your apps are, click on fancy widget, weather settings, set location, and type in where you live.

Hope this helps!

Lol, did I bail.. :p

It was in my market downloads, but when I searched, it wasn't there. Guess you were right titans, lol.

Last edited:
OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
Download this attachment to your phone. Then open up astro and click downloads. Find this zip, tap it, and then tap the app, and it will prompt you to install it.

After it is done installing, go to your home screen, press the menu button on your phone (the four lines) click add, widgets, and then find the one called fancy widget.

If the weather icon on the widget doesn't pop up, go to where your apps are, click on fancy widget, weather settings, set location, and type in where you live.

Hope this helps!

It was in my market downloads, but when I searched, it wasn't there. Guess you were right titans, lol.

so how do i download this attachment to my phone? im a total noob lol.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To make it easy on yourself just download this on your computer, mount your phone to your computer via the usb cable, and put it in your SD card. Is your phone service provider offering any classes for the phone like verizon is?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps!

so how do i download this attachment to my phone? im a total noob lol.

Open the browser on your phone, and type in the web address for this thread. scroll down to my post with the .zip, and click on it. you will have to sign in to your account, but right after you do, the download will start.

Also, you will have to allow installation from unknown sources when it ask you too.

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
SWEET JESUS THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH MAN!!! looks sick now. now if i could find a proper wallpaper lol.....im kinda looking for that droid 2.2 froyo silver metallic wallpaper...i dont remember where i saw it excatly but i saw that dope dark silver metallic with tons of scratches all over. if u know what im saying. :)

To make it easy on yourself just download this on your computer, mount your phone to your computer via the usb cable, and put it in your SD card. Is your phone service provider offering any classes for the phone like verizon is?

actually i just did it through droid browser, my phone service provider is telus, canada.

not sure what u mean by "classes"

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
SWEET JESUS THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH MAN!!! looks sick now. now if i could find a proper wallpaper lol.....im kinda looking for that droid 2.2 froyo silver metallic wallpaper...i dont remember where i saw it excatly but i saw that dope dark silver metallic with tons of scratches all over. if u know what im saying.

Two apps for tons of wallpapers are backgrounds and zedge. You should have at least one of those in the market you can download. Also, is this the wallpaper you were talking about?

wallpaper_droid - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery

If you click the menu button, wallpapers, and then click wallpaper. You can scroll through those and you might find one you like. If not, you can try one of those two apps I recommended.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
SWEET JESUS THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH MAN!!! looks sick now. now if i could find a proper wallpaper lol.....im kinda looking for that droid 2.2 froyo silver metallic wallpaper...i dont remember where i saw it excatly but i saw that dope dark silver metallic with tons of scratches all over. if u know what im saying. :)

actually i just did it through droid browser, my phone service provider is telus, canada.

not sure what u mean by "classes"

Verizon has offered classes in the past that taught people the basics about their Droid. I think we can answer most of your questions though.

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
SWEET JESUS THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH MAN!!! looks sick now. now if i could find a proper wallpaper lol.....im kinda looking for that droid 2.2 froyo silver metallic wallpaper...i dont remember where i saw it excatly but i saw that dope dark silver metallic with tons of scratches all over. if u know what im saying.

Two apps for tons of wallpapers are backgrounds and zedge. You should have at least one of those in the market you can download. Also, is this the wallpaper you were talking about?

wallpaper_droid - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery

If you click the menu button, wallpapers, and then click wallpaper. You can scroll through those and you might find one you like. If not, you can try one of those two apps I recommended.

yea that wallpaper yea that one, thank u man...so what kinda apps do u recommend? i really appreciate this that ure helping me out a ****ton! :D
actually its this one
http://www.droidforums.net/gallery/member-galleries/p5408-wallpaper-droid2.html

can u give me a direct link download to this wallpaper so i can download it? :)

also one more thing, how do u make it a seperate wallpaper from the main screen and the lock screen?

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you press the menu button, then wallpaper, wallpapers, and then scroll through, is it in there? that will save you som trouble. If not, go to the link on your phone with that wallpaper you want, and long press on the picture. Click set as wallpaper (actually I think this is a 2.2 feature, but I can't remember). If that option isn't there, click save image, let it download, click on it in the notifications, click set as, click wallpaper, drag it to the whole size of the image, and then click save.

Though I still recommend one of those two apps (backgrounds and zedge) since they have thousands of wallpapers to choose from.

Oh, and you can't have separate images for the lock screen and your wallpaper. It just ins't possible, without a very unstable app that I don't recommend.

Sorry for the long reply, I had to test everything I said XD

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score
If you press the menu button, then wallpaper, wallpapers, and then scroll through, is it in there? that will save you som trouble. If not, go to the link on your phone with that wallpaper you want, and long press on the picture. Click set as wallpaper (actually I think this is a 2.2 feature, but I can't remember). If that option isn't there, click save image, let it download, click on it in the notifications, click set as, click wallpaper, drag it to the whole size of the image, and then click save.

Though I still recommend one of those two apps (backgrounds and zedge) since they have thousands of wallpapers to choose from.

np! umm i checked the wallpaper like u said, nothing is there, only 14 wallpapers but nothing like what u showed. so what are the 2 apps called that i should download?

hmm ok. ill just try to download that metal scratches tile one.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

np! umm i checked the wallpaper like u said, nothing is there, only 10 wallpapers but nothing like what u showed. so what are the 2 apps called that i should download?

The two apps that have a lot of wallpapers are called backgrounds and the other is called zedge. If neither appear in the market, I can pull them off my phone for you too.

OP
C

ChronBong

Reaction score

np! umm i checked the wallpaper like u said, nothing is there, only 10 wallpapers but nothing like what u showed. so what are the 2 apps called that i should download?

The two apps that have a lot of wallpapers are called backgrounds and the other is called zedge. If neither appear in the market, I can pull them off my phone for you too.

ok both are downloaded. so how do i use zedge? i cant seem to move to the next screen to view more wallpapers/ringtones.

Last edited: