Just got the OTA update for my Nexus.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are the radios the same as the leak?

Which leak? IMM30B or IMM76K? As of now, there's nothing to indicate that the radios in the OTA are newer than the one's in the IMM76K leak.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

epphllps

Reaction score
Which leak? IMM30B or IMM76K? As of now, there's nothing to indicate that the radios in the OTA are newer than the one's in the IMM76K leak.

Definitely referring to the most recent leak. I figure they are the same but just wanted to see. Was held back for some reason, but if it was held and zero changes were made this is just pathetic on Verizon's part. Though, we already know Verizon has screwed our chances of getting another nexus device.

billyk

Reaction score
Well, it would make sense that OTA starts today as Thursdays seem to hold special significance to VZW.
If it's like other VZW OTA's, it'll appear to be 100% random to us (using Serial Numbers would cause this), and it'll take days to complete.
Looking forward to it!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Will my bootloader being unlocked effect me with this update in anyway? I.e. brick my phone or not let me get the update at all.

This is my first device with an unlocked bootloader so I can't speak to that regarding the update. I do know in the past you could still get the update if you were rooted and didn't remove any of the preinstalled software. Of course you also lost root after taking the update.

Riley

Reaction score
I wonder how many people on here are continously polling for it under settings LOL! :biggrin:

Alvarez13

Reaction score
This is my first device with an unlocked bootloader so I can't speak to that regarding the update. I do know in the past you could still get the update if you were rooted and didn't remove any of the preinstalled software. Of course you also lost root after taking the update.
No one takes away my root. I'll eat their face off! :censored:

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Count me as eagerly waiting...although I have not had any problems with dropping data or calls or anything. I get a steady 3-4 bars of 4g everywhere in town...don't hate me! Lol....

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Count me as eagerly waiting...although I have not had any problems with dropping data or calls or anything. I get a steady 3-4 bars of 4g everywhere in town...don't hate me! Lol....
Add me to the list of eagerly waiting,and hating on the 3-4 bars everywhere-Showoff!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Semaj

Reaction score
Riley said:
I wonder how many people on here are continously polling for it under settings LOL! :biggrin:

Raises hand sheepishly

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
To answer an earlier question, you don't have to lock the boot loader and unroot. As long as you are completely stock otherwise, you'll be fine. However you will lose root. If you lose root, just re-flash the su.zip.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
What is your location???

Jonesboro Arkansas.

Also I did NOT get the update by manually checking, I went to look at my phone to check the time and when I took the phone out of sleep mode it had the update box asking if I wanted to install now or later. I carefully made sure to press install now lol!

Last edited: