Just got the Incredible...totally lost!

ashbash87

Reaction score
I just switched from a BlackBerry Storm 1 to the Incredible. I inserted my 8GB sdcard from my blackberry and it read all of my pictures and ringtones but I have no idea how to remove, sort, or assign them. There doesn't really seem to be an area for file management. I downloaded the basic File Manager app but I still didn't understand and I don't want to mess my phone up.

Can anyone help me??

cgaliffi

Reaction score
Start off by downloading Astro File Manager in the Market. It's free and will allow you to do what you need. By the way I came from the S2 which I still own-Enjoy! :)

ernhrts3n8

Reaction score
I am awaiting the delivery of my Incredible. I also am going from a Storm 1; I hope that this phone is better than what I had. My only concern in the battery usage as I have been reading here on the forums.

rmreid

Reaction score
Came from a BB Bold 9700, don't miss much other than how quick email was on the BB

logan.fb

Reaction score
Came from BB Storm also, I've had the Incredible for a couple of weeks. It's a learning process like anything else... but I like it WAY better than the Storm. I've noticed this about the battery: I use the "extended life" battery and it actually lasts a few hours longer (for ME) than the battery on my Storm. I've picked up tips here and there and here's the best one (I FEEL) - charge it with the phone OFF. It actually charges MORE. Make sure your battery draining options are turned off if you don't need them - i.e., Wi-Fi search. If you're not using it, turn it off... otherwise it's constantly searching and using battery.
Hope this helps.
Good luck and have fun! :)

beefcakeboy2009

Reaction score
I am awaiting the delivery of my Incredible. I also am going from a Storm 1; I hope that this phone is better than what I had. My only concern in the battery usage as I have been reading here on the forums.
I came from the Blackberry Storm too and I will never go back

m.p. cobra fan

Reaction score
Start off by downloading Astro File Manager in the Market. It's free and will allow you to do what you need. By the way I came from the S2 which I still own-Enjoy! :)
Thanks for the tip. I have been wondering the same thing. I will download that app.

I am a Blackberry Storm 1 convert as well. That phone aggravated me to no end. When it worked it was great. It hardly worked right though. I am 1 week in to owning the Incredible, and it blows that damn BB out of the water.

Claudzion

Reaction score
I came over from a Storm 1 as well, and I actually like my BB better! The battery ROCKED! The FB app was way better.... This is faster technology and I wouldn't have any complaints if it wasnt' for the battery life.
Thanks for the "Astro File Manager" I've downloaded it.

SeeEss

Reaction score
I am amazed at how many people have come from the BB Storm to the Incredible. I did as well. I suppose it is a logical switch because of the screen size. I HATED my Storm. I LOVE my incredible. I use the Seidio 3500 extended battery and my phone lasts for 2 full days plus. I generelly charge it every night, but not always. Every day I learn something new and cool about my droid! dancedroid