Just got the droid 2 global what do i need to know?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
I just got a Global as a replacement for the original droid 2. Is there anything special I need to know about installing ROM's, SBF'ing, etc that would be different from the original droid 2??

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I just got a Global as a replacement for the original droid 2. Is there anything special I need to know about installing ROM's, SBF'ing, etc that would be different from the original droid 2??

Nope. Same deal. Make sure you flash the correct bootloader version.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score

Nope. Same deal. Make sure you flash the correct bootloader version.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

what version SBF is the D2G currently running on?

chrisl20

Reaction score
Um...yah, I wouldn't flash any d2 roms to your d2g....if you want to...better have rsdlite and tbh's d2g sbf....ull have an update after the sbf, but its just a small patch..

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Um...yah, I wouldn't flash any d2 roms to your d2g....if you want to...better have rsdlite and tbh's d2g sbf....ull have an update after the sbf, but its just a small patch..

are there any ROM's available for the d2g?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Get familiar with team grd's romer tool. It is the only way to use a limited number of d2 roms. With some work liberty 2.0.1 runs great on it. You will need rad version 4.9 and the corresponding drivers to sbf if needed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Get familiar with team grd's romer tool. It is the only way to use a limited number of d2 roms. With some work liberty 2.0.1 runs great on it. You will need rad version 4.9 and the corresponding drivers to sbf if needed.

When you say 'with some work' what does that mean?

chrisl20

Reaction score
Im pretty sure he means more trouble than its worth...I don't think any of the sensors work yet....just got the backlight to turn on.....for the d2g, there r a couple slimmed stock roms out like grd, fenom, and another....or there's fission...fission rom manager will help you w all of that tho....its what I run every now n then....it just hasn't been tweaked or updated in a cooooooool minute

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Read the first 5 pages of 13th angels post in the get r done area about the romer and liberty 2.0. Its all exlained there.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Short version of the work needed to make liberty work:

flash liberty
flash romer
replace script in liberty folder of sd card with one in the thread bfsullivan76 mention

thats about it, not alot but it gets to be annoying....

worldofross

Reaction score
and speaking from experience, do a full backup of your D2g before doing anything. including installing appsm replacing your rom, and rooting.. gives you a point to go back to if you screwup your phone...