D2g rom help

n0madtanks

Reaction score
So I know there are a bunch of posts about loading roms on the droid 2 global. A lot of them leave out info like changing spf files and etc.

Is there or can someone with experience loading roms on the global make and/or post a detailed step by step walk through for those of us that are gun shy or scared of bricking our phones.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
There are detailed walkthroughs on most rom release posts. And I am certainly no going to go looking for links for you escpecially since I'm posting this from phone so I will start with this question: Have you even rooted your phone and have super user enabled and bootstrap recovery? If not then you need to start there. If you do then the rest is very simple and yes every rom release has install instructions from that point.

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

OP
n0madtanks

n0madtanks

Reaction score
Yes I have rooted. I have tried using frm to load fission and all it does is say its installing and reboot to the same cruddy moto blur interface. Clock work seems to be specific to droid 2 non global. Advice Is greatly appreciated

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Okay so then download either angel rom 6.2 or the themed angel rom(both located in this forum and both have the same instructions). Reboot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, install zip, choose zip from sd, select your rom's zip, once its done reboot device. The first time u reboot after installing a rom the boot animation will take a while, don't worry that's normal. If you still can't understand these instructions then I would suggest searching youtube for a video of how to load a custom rom on rooted d2g(there are several) hope that helps but it really isn't anything different from the instructions included with every rom release... just sayin.

rusty815

Reaction score
Yes I have rooted. I have tried using frm to load fission and all it does is say its installing and reboot to the same cruddy moto blur interface. Clock work seems to be specific to droid 2 non global. Advice Is greatly appreciated

that is because you are not using droid 2 bootstrapper before attempting an install, which is needed for any rom install and is mentioned in pretty much every rom thread.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Yeah my bad I just assumed that when u said yes u meant that u had bootstrapper also. U MUST use bootstrap recovery to load themes as was stated above.

OP
n0madtanks

n0madtanks

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the details and the assistance. I am really new at this and alot of times the directions can overwhelming when you have never done it before.

Curious what kinda bugs are still in the angel rom...

keolawills

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the details and the assistance. I am really new at this and alot of times the directions can overwhelming when you have never done it before.

Curious what kinda bugs are still in the angel rom...

I havent found any in the rom itself, oreoangel had some messed up .pngs, but they should all be worked out now.

sent from an OreoAngel

OP
n0madtanks

n0madtanks

Reaction score
when I chose reboot to recovery I am sitting at the bootloader screen. Says

Bootloader
d0.11

Battery Ok
Ok to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

There are no options to do anything Skitzo said after reboot to recovery?

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
If u are using BOOTSTRAPPER then u press the top button, then when the thingy pops up, you press OK, then u press the second button, then the phone will boot into recovery which looks like a simple dos style menu. I can't explain more simple than that. You obviously haven't searchec youtube because if u had then u would see EXACTLY what u need to know VISUALLY.

This was my last attempt at playing nice...

OP
n0madtanks

n0madtanks

Reaction score
so from that screen I removed my data cable that I was using to charge my phone at the time (charge mode only) and rebooted. Now I am at a screen that has an open box with an angled arrows coming out the top points down upon an android. There is a progress bar but it stalls out at about 20% if I pull the battery and reboot it comes back up into the droid os. but if i reboot to recovery this comes up every time.... any ideas????

OP
n0madtanks

n0madtanks

Reaction score
dude I have been searching youtube and I am not seeing anything like what your describing I am sorry if me not knowing as much as you do about this subject aggravates you but I am reaching out for assistance. I appreciate the assistance you have given thus far, If you can can continue to provide it great, if not that is fine to But there is no need to be a jerk about it.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
No that's where you're wrong. I am a consistant jerk because it takes someone harsh like me to keep people like u from ruining your phones. I have never seen any of what YOU have described and therefore you obviously haven't taken any of our instructions and used them properly. I am going to go to my pc and find you a link to a youtube video BECAUSE I KNOW THEY ARE THERE. I'm not a jerk, I'm a noob like u but the difference is that I know how to research and follow instructoins. You obviously DON'T and probably shouldn't be messing with your phone but I find u a link... just sayin!

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Ok. Here is a simple list of what you will need:
1. Droid 2 Bootstrapper
This program allows you to get into clockwork (cwm) instead of the stock recovery. Select bootstrap, then select reboot recovery.
2. Zip file of your chosen rom.
This is the file that allows you to flash the os in cwm. I used the original deodexed and then moved to angel rom. Each required to wipe data/cache and i always wipe dalvik. Dalvik is under advanced options.

After you get a successful flash, reboot and wait for the magic to happen. Get comfortable with this. If you keep jacking around without reading, you'll get a crash course in sbf.

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
OKay, thank gunz.jones for your attempt at helping but we have tried to explain this before so what I am going to do is post THREE videos that I have found that ALL explain the BOOTSTRAP step in loading custom roms. These videos are for different phones and/or roms so you obviousy dont want to use the roms that are mentioned but you still have to load the roms the same way pretty much every droid phone out there. So here you go:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igc22dBbZeA[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQByUmKCCc4&feature=related[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlac9UMULIE&feature=related[/video]

Now dont't come back until u have watched all three videos and have seen the whole BOOTSTRAPPER step each time. That should get you into recovery where you will be able to procede with all of the steps that have been explained several times now. If you keep getting funky issues and/or errors then you have obviously messed something that none of us so far have come across and hopefully you have insurance... JUST SAYIN...