The Ultimate Droid 2 Global ROM/Mod Wishlist

yummyDroid

Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to compile a list of little things that would greatly improve the D2G and maybe some suggestions for ROM devs to add cool stuff. I'll link to threads where progress is occurring if they exist. If anyone has anything to add, i'll also update this post:

-Display Battery Percent on the Default Battery Indicator (without a duplicate battery indicator, I think I've seen this in CM)

-Gingerbread (!) :p

-720p video recording on Fission/Stock ROMS, apparently currently possible on Liberty - (work in progress, thread here)

-1% Battery Increments (currently possible with circle widget)

-Unlocked Bootloader (great joke right?) :p - Sign the Petition to Motorola

-Unlocking SIM / Allowing use on US GSM Carriers (Right now you need to call Verizon Global Support for SIM Unlock, and you must pay ~100 for the US GSM Carrier Unlock)

-Extending Battery life as much as possible
---NiceGuysFinishLast's Battery Life Writeup: Link
---Do imoseyon's mods work? Link

-Folders in the app drawer (a feature missing from android overall?)

-Lots of themes (Psj77)

That's all I can remember for now, feel free to throw in ideas. I'll try to look into fixing some of these myself, as soon as I get some free time from school.

Last edited:

Psj77

Reaction score
Lots of themes is something I would like. When I had liberty I loved the amount of themes there was, especially the cyan galaxy theme.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
-Display Battery Percent on the Default Battery Indicator (without a duplicate battery indicator, I think I've seen this in CM) - Currently possible with some flashable themes or metamorph.

-Gingerbread (!) - The D2 and the DX got it, I imagine the D2G will in time since it is still on sale and will be for awhile still I imagine. Not to mention the D3 got pushed back so even more reason for Ginerbread.

-720p video recording on Fission/Stock ROMS, apparently currently possible on Liberty - (work in progress, thread here) - Like you said WIP, nothing more needs to be said really.

-1% Battery Increments (currently possible with circle widget) - Or Battmonx, this frees up a slot on your home screen.

-Unlocked Bootloader (great joke right?) - Sign the Petition to Motorola - Yeah keep dreaming lol. In the future maybe, but I dont think they will ever do it for the D2G.

-Unlocking SIM / Allowing use on US GSM Carriers (Right now you need to call Verizon Global Support for SIM Unlock, and you must pay ~100 for the US GSM Carrier Unlock)
- Pretty sure you can already do this for free. Get the unlock code from VZW. Get a certain sim card off ebay for a few bucks. Follow the instructions in the thread here, which i think links to XDA, and your good to go.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to compile a list of little things that would greatly improve the D2G and maybe some suggestions for ROM devs to add cool stuff. I'll link to threads where progress is occurring if they exist. If anyone has anything to add, i'll also update this post:

-Display Battery Percent on the Default Battery Indicator (without a duplicate battery indicator, I think I've seen this in CM) - thats gonna be added in my next update.

-Gingerbread (!) :p - waiting on moto

-720p video recording on Fission/Stock ROMS, apparently currently possible on Liberty - (work in progress, thread here) - mine does 720x480 only, dont think you can get higher without reworking the code for the camera

-1% Battery Increments (currently possible with circle widget) I use that too, works great. I'll have to see what needs to be done to include it in a rom though....

-Unlocked Bootloader (great joke right?) :p - Sign the Petition to Motorola - i wish....

-Unlocking SIM / Allowing use on US GSM Carriers (Right now you need to call Verizon Global Support for SIM Unlock, and you must pay ~100 for the US GSM Carrier Unlock) - wont ever happen. vzw locked the gsm band to their frequency. The reason the unlock is $100 is because iirc they have to actually mod the phone itself, not just software.

-Extending Battery life as much as possible
---NiceGuysFinishLast's Battery Life Writeup: Link - any aosp rom is gonna have good battery life, mine has ~16 hrs or so till 20%
---Do imoseyon's mods work? Link -yes they do, including in my next update.

That's all I can remember for now, feel free to throw in ideas. I'll try to look into fixing some of these myself, as soon as I get some free time from school.

Added mine in the quote....