Just got an iPad from work today, and I'm saying goodbye...

muffstic

Reaction score
Being able to look at Google maps because I have service-Droid

Watching NFL network live-Droid

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Being able to look at Google maps because I have service-Droid

Watching NFL network live-Droid

actually both the iphone and droid can watch every nfl game on any channel live. the nfl network app for android blows compared to the nfl sunday ticket app by direcTV

Last edited:

pilot25

Reaction score
So don't compare networks. Iphone comes to Verizon what features does the Droid have that the iphone doesn't. Of course, we don't know what the iphone4 will have.

If the iphone comes to Verizon it'll be the downfall of the droid series of phones. Lots of non-techies who like the droid will jump ship immediately. Which is a majority of Droid owners. DEVs will follow the money trail and create apps for iphone first and possibly Droid if it's cost effective.

pilot25

Reaction score
The IPhone will never come to Verizon.

BS....It'll be at Verizon unless Google tries to block with serious cash. 600k iphone4 phones sold in one day makes Verizon's CEO look like a major chump for turning down Apple in the first place. The only reason they capped at 600k is to turn up the marketing hype. They could have manufactured triple that amount and had a smooth orderly first day but that doesn't create the "I gotta have it hype" that was splashed on the cover of every paper and website.

JCo352

Reaction score
another I hate apple thread blah. Do people really hate apple or do they read what everyone writes and just follow suit. It's getting old really really fast.

why would you like apple? its overpriced, featureless crap.

i wouldn't group all apple products into that same generalization.

to each their own i guess.... i don't care too much for the iphone, ipod, ipad but the macbooks, and macbook pro's are leaps and bounds better then most any pc. I have and use linux, OSX, and windows they all have their time and place the same goes for the iphone, ipad, ipod.

and yes in most cases my mac runs windows better and faster then almost any PC on the market.

Ummmmm no.

muffstic

Reaction score
The IPhone will never come to Verizon.

BS....It'll be at Verizon unless Google tries to block with serious cash. 600k iphone4 phones sold in one day makes Verizon's CEO look like a major chump for turning down Apple in the first place. The only reason they capped at 600k is to turn up the marketing hype. They could have manufactured triple that amount and had a smooth orderly first day but that doesn't create the "I gotta have it hype" that was splashed on the cover of every paper and website.

600k current iPhone owners. I used to be an ifag fanboy like you (had the 3G and 3GS) until I found a real phone. My wife isn't "techie" at all and switched from a 3GS when the Incredible came out.

bad4u

Reaction score
another I hate apple thread blah. Do people really hate apple or do they read what everyone writes and just follow suit. It's getting old really really fast.

I hate apple, this is from having a few different modded iphones over a year ago. Made the switch and dont intend to go back

iPirate

Reaction score
Since when are they comparable?

How do you go to a menu in maps on iphone? I messed with the ipad and there wasnt a way to get to the menu so I had a satellite view of where I was and that was all i could do.

then i went into a game and wanted to quit the level and go back to the menu, cant? i had to press the home button and start over. :icon_eek::icon_eek:

idk how people could deal with that ****, i couldn't stand it after 5 minutes and left the store. dancedroid

Reaction score
I think a few iphone users here need to stop lieing about haveing a droid and stop trolling <.< and yes i hate apple and i have my own personal legitimate reasons as well to back up my hate.

1. Steve jobs - hes arrogant he always has been i dont want to support him in any way shape or form he didn't even really take much responsibility for his own kid when he was younger.

2. I dont want to be told what i cant do with what i buy. Ios and all apple products have clear boundaries for what im allowed to do if i go past them "big brother" becomes mad.

3. im a power use i want to be able to do whatever i want with my phone, if i wana overclock it ill overclock, if i wana flash custom roms i will, if i wana theme my rom and change the entire gui i will.

4. Most people who own apple products defend them to the grave and even if they dont admit it i see it all the time they act superior to people who have no apple products and they defend their iphone or macs to the end even when a flaw is found unlike android users they wont admit it.

5. Pepole who say windows runs better on mac hardware, or say macs are better, im not even going to get into the os because i dont want a osx vs windows vs linux war but what i will say is that its the same hardware in pcs just overpriced with the apple tax.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Well, I tend to be a big fan of technology, and I bought an iPad. I love it for what it is, which is an expensive toy. I don't regret purchasing it at all. People can (and will) spout **** all day long about its shortcomings, but calling it featureless crap is only showing your ignorance. Some of the android fanboys here and on the tech blogs are seriously becoming worse than the apple fanboys ever were. This whole idea of "well my choice of phone OS is better and everything else suxors" is really freaking immature. People seem to have it stuck in their heads that this is a war, and that at the end of the day, everyone should only be using 1 OS. Even if that OS winds up being android, I would much rather have a market where competition encourages these companies to improve their products. Android has issues, so does iOS. I'll be sticking with android even when the iPhone comes to VZW because I like to tinker with it, and the customization options aren't as thorough on the iPhone. Most of Verizon's other 15 million smartphone subscribers who aren't forced into a blackberry by work will probably switch. Remember that the consumer doesn't really give a **** about rooting or overclocking. The consumer will go for the smoothest, easiest user experience. Unfortunately for android, apple is quite good at this.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Well, I tend to be a big fan of technology, and I bought an iPad. I love it for what it is, which is an expensive toy. I don't regret purchasing it at all. People can (and will) spout **** all day long about its shortcomings, but calling it featureless crap is only showing your ignorance. Some of the android fanboys here and on the tech blogs are seriously becoming worse than the apple fanboys ever were. This whole idea of "well my choice of phone OS is better and everything else suxors" is really freaking immature. People seem to have it stuck in their heads that this is a war, and that at the end of the day, everyone should only be using 1 OS. Even if that OS winds up being android, I would much rather have a market where competition encourages these companies to improve their products. Android has issues, so does iOS. I'll be sticking with android even when the iPhone comes to VZW because I like to tinker with it, and the customization options aren't as thorough on the iPhone. Most of Verizon's other 15 million smartphone subscribers who aren't forced into a blackberry by work will probably switch. Remember that the consumer doesn't really give a **** about rooting or overclocking. The consumer will go for the smoothest, easiest user experience. Unfortunately for android, apple is quite good at this.
Tinker away and help those fascists, lol JK... fascist LOL

that was the end of my fanboy rant, i fail :(

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If the iphone comes to Verizon it'll be the downfall of the droid series of phones.

:shocked: you can't be serious! AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA hahahahahahahahahah whatever!!!! :rofl3:

wow!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

jmart8684

Reaction score

I'm sure majority of the people bashing the iPad never used one. One of my friends and my cousin have it and I'm on it every chance I can get. Videos on it are pretty sharp, internet is smooth with wifi, games are pointless and addicting, etc. On a side note, all three of us use android phones.