Just Dropped My Tbolt and the Whole Screen Cracked =(

daudi81

Reaction score
The good news is I bought that beefy insurance.

The lady said if it ever broke I could get a new one OR something of equal or lesser value.

Should I just get the Tbolt again or are there better Droids our there now? I bought the Tbolt around 8months ago, so I don't know if it's gotten hardware upgrades or what.

I loved the Tbolt - only thing that was annoying is that the 4G didn't seem that fast. They said it would be 5mbit or faster but it's not even CLOSE. And yes - 4G is offered here - maybe the towers just suck or something. My friend's new Iphone gets much faster internet speeds.

I also wish it was thinner - I use it as an MP3 player when I work out and really wish it was more portable.

Other than those 2 things I like it.

Any ideas?

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
I don't think you get the choice.

The way I understand the insurance is IF they have T-Bolts available (they should only 8 months into the lifecycle) then
you will get a refurb T-bolt. If they are out of T-Bolts or they have been recalled, *then* you'd get another phone.

OP
D

daudi81

Reaction score
Weird - when I bought it I got this extra insurance thing that I pay extra every month for. The lady said if my phone ever broke I would get another one, OR if I didn't like it I could get one of equal or lesser value. Maybe she was just trying to sell the phone/insurance - but I do remember her saying that. Was she lying?

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Weird - when I bought it I got this extra insurance thing that I pay extra every month for. The lady said if my phone ever broke I would get another one, OR if I didn't like it I could get one of equal or lesser value. Maybe she was just trying to sell the phone/insurance - but I do remember her saying that. Was she lying?

In my past experiences, it didn't work that way, that's why I stopped getting the insurance.
Things may have changed and hopefully they did. The only way to know is to try.

I will say this wouldn't be the first time a cell company lied to a customer, if the insurance
does in fact work the way I think it does.

Let us know what they say. I'm assuming you'll be haunting the place tomorrow.
I know I couldn't live with my phones for very long.. :blink:

npro1464

Reaction score
I never understood insuring your phone. You can get a used Thunderbolt in good condition off of craigslist for $150. Why pay $6 extra a month, and then have to pay a $100 deductible in case your phone breaks when used Android phones are a dime a dozen online?

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
I never understood insuring your phone. You can get a used Thunderbolt in good condition off of craigslist for $150. Why pay $6 extra a month, and then have to pay a $100 deductible in case your phone breaks when used Android phones are a dime a dozen online?

I think some folks just prefer the simplicity of it. Life costs you either time or money and everyone makes their own choice..

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The advantage of insurance over buying used off of cragislist, ebay, etc. is that the insurance company offers refurb phones or new phones, not someones used phone that they might be trying to dump because it has problems. If the insurance is through VZW/ Asurion, then you will get another Tbolt, either new or CLNR. If it's not perfect, send it back right away and ask for another one until you do get a "like new" one. I got burned on a D1 replacement a little over a year ago. The one they sent was loose and I thought it wasn't a big deal so I kept it, but it started getting worse so I sent it back after about 6 weeks. They charged me another deductible, but sent a new D2, then they promptly sent me a letter cancelling my insurance because I had 2 claims close together even though it was their fault. I will never use Asurion again. There are other insurance companies out there that will just send you a check and you can get whatever you want as a replacement.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Darn, that sucks. I bought insurance for my phone that covers everything but accidental droppings into water and maybe extremely high drops. It costed me $50 one time and has already paid for itself when I dropped my phone on to the street moving at about 30 mph off my bike. The phone itself didn't receive any cosmetic damage resulting from the fall, but I can't say the same for the case.