Juice Defender for Droid X

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing. I have not experienced my phone powering off, but it seems like I'm not getting my news alerts like I normally do. Everything seems delayed. It does not update my Twitter either. I am wondering if I delete it and just keep my battery level at Maximum battery saver and have my emails fetched at 30 mintues if that will be enough to save on my battery without having Juice Defender installed.
Has anyone noticed if Juice Defender on Droid X goes through frequent cycling? I've had the Droid X for a month and one of the first apps I downloaded. It has been great and doing a good job. Lately though the app seems to have a mind of its own. The phone screen will show the Motarola logo and go through the whole power up process. Then a few minutes later it will do it again. Has anyone run into as similar problem. Wondering if I should delete this app?

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I've been using JD for a while, and I really like the extended battery life I get with it. I went from having ~4 hours of life to ~8-9 on any given "regular use" day. That's awesome savings. Also, if I find that I've got it turned off, I can turn it on when down to 30% battery life and get a lot longer life out of what would have normally been a hour or less of time.

My biggest frustration with JD is that even on Balanced, I don't seem to have a predictable data transfer schedule - to the point that mails seem to be delayed by hours. I even wonder if I get texts on time. The red dot is on the JD icon - so all radios are turned off. Maybe I've done it to myself, but the default schedule for custom settings looks to be 15 minutes.

Looking at the custom settings, there are good options here, but I have not tried them.

My last gripe with settings like these (radio on/off, data sync schedules, etc) is that it doesn't seem to take long before you have 35 different ways to turn them on and off and set their values (schedules, colors, vibrate on/off, etc). But, that's more a gripe about Android's settings implementation than anything else.

Reaction score
snap20110509_103818.png

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I remembered the other problem I've had with JD. Because the radios are off to save battery life, some apps don't expect that condition and they fail and pop up failure messages when first opening them. eventually the radio turns on and the app works, but sometimes that takes 3-4 retries.

Not a biggie, but it happens regularly.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah mine does that too. It was sort of annoying at first but the apps start up fairly quickly though.
I remembered the other problem I've had with JD. Because the radios are off to save battery life, some apps don't expect that condition and they fail and pop up failure messages when first opening them. eventually the radio turns on and the app works, but sometimes that takes 3-4 retries.

Not a biggie, but it happens regularly.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Will Juice Defender still save my battery from draining if I turned back on data push for my emails ,have my battery mode set at Maximum Battery Saver and turned off the background data instead?

msscull

Reaction score
Will Juice Defender still save my battery from draining if I turned back on data push for my emails ,have my battery mode set at Maximum Battery Saver and turned off the background data instead?

Yes. Maximum Battery Saver with data push checked & JD will still give you great battery life.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Juice defender will work a bit but i find quick clock advanced saves me a ton of battery life (lower voltage is the key). Also using the app battery calibration once in a while makes this combination golden

Sent from my Liberated DROID2