Anyone like juice defender

capsidx

Reaction score
I bought juice defender from the android market thinking it would help my battery. It made it worse, maybe I didn't use the right settings but anyways, has anyone ever had good luck with this program, because something is vamping my battery bad. My DROID dies before the day is over even on standby :/ , if anyone could help that would be awesome. Btw I've read the other battery forums but they don't seem to help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rexster314

Reaction score
Got it a couple of months ago. I love it. I just checked and I got 1.78 more battery power over the last 48 hours. It takes some fiddling with the settings first go round, but after that, I don't think I've touched it. It just runs in the background saving your batter power when you really need it. I have the extended Moto battery and usually got about 14 hours before needing a charge. It can go over 24 hours now from fully charged

OP
C

capsidx

Reaction score
Do u think u could recommend some settings because 6 hours of light use before it dies doesn't seem practical lol

rexster314

Reaction score
There are so many custom settings I can't go through them all. Main one is that it turns off all the wifi,data, for certain periods of time when not in use; you can also schedule them to come back on at the times you set to check email, whatever.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Here's a screen shot of the settings I use. I do have JD ultimate BTW. Hopefully you can see them and get the same results. 1.98 x's better with it than without. dancedroid

Jaycea22

Reaction score
I am using JD/UJ with my Bionic and I am loving it. When I put my phone on standby is when JD works. I can easily get 25-30 hours with moderate to heavy use. These are the settings I have: This is under the Advanced profile.

Status Tab:
JuiceDefender Ultimate : Enabled
Notication: text
Options: quick enabled

Controls Tab:
Mobile data: enabled
Wifi: enabled
Options: wifi preferred
AutoSync: ping

Schedule tab:
Schedule: enabled
Frequency: 2h
Duration: 30s
Night: enabled – 12am-6am
Options: Silent

Triggers Tab:
Battery: enabled
Battery Threshold: 15%
Screen: enabled
Traffic: enabled
Traffic Threshold: high: 30s

Hope it helps.

OP
C

capsidx

Reaction score
Im going to post an update trying these settings, thanks a lot :) I uninstalled juice defender and my battery lasted a whole day lil, but maybe these settings will help.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^ Exactly if I am getting at least 24 hours out a ROM why bother. I can find a charger once a day easy

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
I've just used these settings and they work pretty well not as well as lasting the whole day but considerably more power than before

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

capsidx

Reaction score
I tried configuring the settings. At 5:30 I re installed juice defender. Then I let it run and checked it at 12:30 after light use. 40%. so it seemed like it helped so far lol. I wont really be able to tell if it made a significant impact on the battery life until I have it running for a 24 hour period. Thanks everyone for the help

Last edited: