Watch Dog / Juice Defender?

cece5702

Reaction score
If I have Juice Defender on my X do I need Watch Dog also? I'm not sure if Watch Dog holds any significant purpose?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Shad0www

Reaction score
Watchdog is to monitor which apps are using an excessive amount of cpu which kills your battery and Juice is monitoring network wifi etc.

I haven't used juicedefender since my D1 days but I think JD and WD do two completely different things so I would keep both installed.

I love watchdog because it helps find rogue apps that use tons of resources for no apparent reason like the USPS app.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
OK. Thanks :)
Watchdog is to monitor which apps are using an excessive amount of cpu which kills your battery and Juice is monitoring network wifi etc.

I haven't used juicedefender since my D1 days but I think JD and WD do two completely different things so I would keep both installed.

I love watchdog because it helps find rogue apps that use tons of resources for no apparent reason like the USPS app.

Sent from my DROIDX

DRIOD Cauly

Reaction score
Watchdog and Juice Defender is a bad idea, the two do not together work correctly.

Shad0www

Reaction score
Watchdog and Juice Defender is a bad idea, the two do not together work correctly.

Really? Looking at the functionality and permissions of both it doesn't seem like there wouldn't be a reason for them not to work well together. Interesting.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score

Really? Looking at the functionality and permissions of both it doesn't seem like there wouldn't be a reason for them not to work well together. Interesting.

Sent from my DROIDX

Which should I uninstall? My guess would be Watchdog !

Shad0www

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Which should I uninstall? My guess would be Watchdog !

Just keep both and see what happens. If they start to act weird then uninstall one of them.

Sent from my DROIDX

Shad0www

Reaction score
Uh... What?
They work fine together o_O
Watchdog just notifies you when a process gets out of control.
Juicedefender turns of radios to save your battery
They dont conflict in any way.
Juicedefender is a good app, however i use tasker and set up my own settings which are much more in depth than what juicedefender can provide.

Exactly what I was thinking/saying :)

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Thank you :)
Uh... What?
They work fine together o_O
Watchdog just notifies you when a process gets out of control.
Juicedefender turns of radios to save your battery
They dont conflict in any way.
Juicedefender is a good app, however i use tasker and set up my own settings which are much more in depth than what juicedefender can provide.

Exactly what I was thinking/saying :)

Sent from my DROIDX