Juice Defender App...

Fizban22

Reaction score
Alright so i downloaded Juice Defender and so far i like it, really does conserve battery.

but im concerned with one thing... either its a flaw to this app OR i have it configured wrong...

i have my email account set to fetch every 15 min. i have JuiceDefender set to check for 1 min every 15 min.

now i know you get your texts/calls even with the phone off, but what about email? because the email only fetches every 15 min and the JD turns on 3g for only a minute every 15 min, will it pick up my email if my phone is off for say an hour? or will it only show that i have an email if my email fetches an email within that allotted 1 min the JD is checking???

for instance, say i leave my phone off for 2 hours and i get a few emails during that time, will they come through on my phone (even with the screen off) within those two hours or is it a matter of luck and having my phone fetch during that 1 min??

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
alright so i just went into Configure Apps and i have it so email has a red X next to it then on the main menu Apps is highlighted.

does this mean my emails wont be blocked when the screen is off?

Reaction score
alright so i just went into Configure Apps and i have it so email has a red X next to it then on the main menu Apps is highlighted.

does this mean my emails wont be blocked when the screen is off?

Technically no. the app feature (if I'm understanding right of course) allows the data connection to be enabled as long as the app is in the foreground. So it won't l
Offer your email app free roam over the data, but it will override any other features/conditions that would Otherwise disable the data connection while it's running. For the record, Iam constantly locking/unlocking my phone for texts, tweets, email, phone calls etc throughout the day, so jd does more harm than good for me by constantly dis/re-enabling the data/wifi. Great product in theory but doesn't translate well for heavy users.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bomber889

Reaction score
If the 15 minutes of your email fetch and the 15 minutes JD let's 3g on correspond then you will get emails. If they don't then you won't... I think.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
So here is the deal with juice defender, leave sync on and it will sync anytime that your data becomes active. If your sync is off, you won't get your emails.

BTW, juice defender really does save a lot of juice. I highly recommend it.

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
So here is the deal with juice defender, leave sync on and it will sync anytime that your data becomes active. If your sync is off, you won't get your emails.

BTW, juice defender really does save a lot of juice. I highly recommend it.

how do i leave sync on?? is that the whole Highlight Apps tab, then click on Configure Apps, then click on email?
i dont know if i should click it once (so it has a green line) or twice (so it has a red X). whats the difference between the 2?

DanDroidX

Reaction score
Sync will not negate the purpose of JD because it can't sync if your data connection is disabled, which is the purpose of JD. You can turn off/on sync tow different ways.

Easy---> long-press open space on home-screen>widgets>Power Control>press the rotation-like button to turn on/off

More Work--->open setting> Accounts and Sync>Check auto sync ( make sure background data is checked too)

bowlingotter

Reaction score
I thought my battery was shot or that the Droid X just had horrible battery life until this app.

I got rid of RSS feed widgets and the social networking auto-update stuff, and then I installed Juice Defender and changed the battery mode to Battery Saver. I've now had my phone up for about 6 hours and still have 80% of the battery. Nice!

WindyCity1014

Reaction score
First post here. I've been working with my new Droid X and Ultimate Juice Defender for several days now, but I'm still a little unclear as to how it works with the Power Control Widget. Here are my current settings:

ULTIMATE JUICE DEFENDER

Data - Enabled (Prefer WiFi)
WiFi - Enabled (Location)

Schedule - Enable Date 1m every 15m
Night - Keep Data/WiFi disabled 10:30pm-7am
Battery - Keep Data/WiFi disabled while below 15%
Traffic - Leave Data/WiFi enable while > 50KB/15s
Apps - Email, Gmail, Maps, Navigation, Places, Text Messaging (Ignore on Battery)
Location - Keep WiFi disabled while distance > 967m

PHONE SETTINGS

WiFi Toggle (Power Control Widget) - ON
Sync Toggle (Power Control Widget) - ON

Battery Profile - Battery Saver Mode
WiFi Sleep Policy - When Screen Turns Off

1. Do you notice any problems or conflicts with the above settings?

2. I've noticed that my WiFi tends to turn off (I can see the WiFi turn off on the Power Control Widget) for some reason, even when I'm sitting right next to my "known" wireless network at home. I'd like to have it so the WiFi comes on automatically when I get within range of my home network? I found out about the "WiFi Preferred" setting after I left home today, so I'm wondering if this will do the trick (i.e., maybe the WiFi came on and then shut off if it didn't connect before the APN came on).

3. I'm still a little confused about how the Power Control Widget integrates with UJD. Should I leave the WiFi and Sync toggles ON at all times? In other words, will turning these toggles OFF effectively prevent UJB from controlling WiFi and APN/data?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

minh5942

Reaction score
I have Droid X. Used Juice Defender first day save my battery more than 25%. My setup is default setup by JD. Juice Defender is good App. I have no problem with my Wifi when is on and I don't have any other conflict. I would recommend to my friends. If you thought about try this JD. I would say go for it. You have nothing to lose.