juice defender and razr

casper05lly

Reaction score
Has anyone used this app. Does it help with battery life. Do u use one of the presets.

SallyC

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with not using it since my ICS install, but before that I used it and found it really helped. I got the Ultimate version (see clickable comparison of features here) and found the more familiar with it I got, the more I used it's extensive functionality.

I especially liked location aware wifi, screen brightness control and configurable apps. I know that you can do some - but not all - of JD's features with Smart Actions, but I liked the "one stop shopping" and ease of configuration with JD.

Since I installed ICS I've had to do a FDR a couple of times and haven't gotten back to JD but I will. I think it's a great app and, imho, well worth the money for the extra features and obviously the free version is a real bargain.

If you want to look over their manual, FAQ, etc. you can see that all here.

jtc303

Reaction score
I love JD... I used to go nuts with all the options but now I just let it handle screen on/off connectivity and let SA do everything else.... When I had smart actions handle it I found that it would connect to 3G too often when I knew I was in 4G range... no issues like that with JD

ricks

Reaction score
I've seen it kill batteries on my cousins razr's. As soon as I removed it for them, they thanked me for it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Has anyone used this app. Does it help with battery life. Do u use one of the presets.
I've used it on both the Razr and Razr Maxx and it does improve battery life. I have stopped using it on the Maxx because it would take 30-45 seconds to re-establish a data connection after I turned the display on to do something. I'm not sure if that is a function of the phone, the network, the software or a combination of one or more of them. At any rate, I stopped using it for that reason.

jtc303

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
I've used it on both the Razr and Razr Maxx and it does improve battery life. I have stopped using it on the Maxx because it would take 30-45 seconds to re-establish a data connection after I turned the display on to do something. I'm not sure if that is a function of the phone, the network, the software or a combination of one or more of them. At any rate, I stopped using it for that reason.

Mine takes 5-7 sec

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I also used it on my Maxx before ICS but haven't since... because I want to get a sense of how my phone handles battery use without it so I can compare that to how it works with it. I found it to work much better than SA and to have many more options than SA. Currently, I have SA disabled.

When I get a good idea how my battery works without it (I just completed an fdr and battery meter training to have a clean fresh slate), I will try JD again, see what the difference is, then maybe give SA another shot to compare the three.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
I am doing the same as Sally, since ICS I actually have turned it off and getting through the day with battery to spare using only smart actions. I turned it off because i was having some conflicts with JD and SA and just decided that the "potentially" extra battery savings wasn't worth the the inconvenience of having to figure out the root cause of the conflict.

Before ICS I used it and it worked very well. I'd get 20 plus hours before I settled for the night and now I am around 16

I have been experimenting with not using it since my ICS install, but before that I used it and found it really helped. I got the Ultimate version (see clickable comparison of features here) and found the more familiar with it I got, the more I used it's extensive functionality.

I especially liked location aware wifi, screen brightness control and configurable apps. I know that you can do some - but not all - of JD's features with Smart Actions, but I liked the "one stop shopping" and ease of configuration with JD.

Since I installed ICS I've had to do a FDR a couple of times and haven't gotten back to JD but I will. I think it's a great app and, imho, well worth the money for the extra features and obviously the free version is a real bargain.

If you want to look over their manual, FAQ, etc. you can see that all here.

OP
C

casper05lly

Reaction score
One question. Does jd turn of the ability to receive phone calls and text messages when enabled and the screen off

SallyC

Reaction score
One question. Does jd turn of the ability to receive phone calls and text messages when enabled and the screen off

There's no problem with JD and your phone or text working. Realize too that user settings always have the priority in JD. So if you disable wifi in Android settings, for example, JD won't touch it until you enable it again.

One of the features you might like, is the ability to specify that certain apps stay connected - even if the screen is off. So, for example, if you listen to something like Pandora that caches a song a quickly as possible, and therefore normally might lead to your data being disconnected, you can set it so it always stays connected when Pandora is running.

I also don't have a delay when going to data. Wifi I definitely don't have a delay as I use the settings to tell it only to connect to the networks I've named and then to stay connected even if the screen is off.

I reinstalled JD Ultimate today and have been really impressed with my battery life. I was seeing what it was like with "plain" ICS and quite happy - I could usually go from before 5 am to 9pm without having to recharge. But today I've been using it about the same and my battery is at 48% after 15-1/2 hrs. I know for Maxx people that's probably no big deal, but it's good for me. :biggrin:

jtc303

Reaction score
There's no problem with JD and your phone or text working. Realize too that user settings always have the priority in JD. So if you disable wifi in Android settings, for example, JD won't touch it until you enable it again.

One of the features you might like, is the ability to specify that certain apps stay connected - even if the screen is off. So, for example, if you listen to something like Pandora that caches a song a quickly as possible, and therefore normally might lead to your data being disconnected, you can set it so it always stays connected when Pandora is running.

I also don't have a delay when going to data. Wifi I definitely don't have a delay as I use the settings to tell it only to connect to the networks I've named and then to stay connected even if the screen is off.

I reinstalled JD Ultimate today and have been really impressed with my battery life. I was seeing what it was like with "plain" ICS and quite happy - I could usually go from before 5 am to 9pm without having to recharge. But today I've been using it about the same and my battery is at 48% after 15-1/2 hrs. I know for Maxx people that's probably no big deal, but it's good for me. :biggrin:
Thats very good for a razr, well done