Juice Defender

cece5702

Reaction score
Is there still a need for Juice Defender with Smart Actions? What's your thoughts?

Josebunbury

Reaction score
I used to have on my Droid 2 but since getting the RAZR with smart actions never looked back to this app which in all honesty I found really annoying... worked fine but was really annoying..!!

SallyC

Reaction score
I was having lots of fun building Smart Actions but in the end found JD to be able to manage multiple, complex scenarios better. Plus it was much easier to modify from time to time as my desires changed. So now I just have one SA and let JD do the rest.

Zandar

Reaction score
Do any of these things work to save battery without disabling mobile data?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I was having lots of fun building Smart Actions but in the end found JD to be able to manage multiple, complex scenarios better. Plus it was much easier to modify from time to time as my desires changed. So now I just have one SA and let JD do the rest.

With JD do you still get that delay when turning your phone back on? I hate that!

Sent from my DROIDX

eddie7

Reaction score
I've used both JD and SA. JD really helps when the phone is not being used. SA and the native Task Manager will help you increase your battery life for no cost. I found the biggest battery saver was to turn off LTE until I need it. dancedroid

Last edited:

SallyC

Reaction score
Do any of these things work to save battery without disabling mobile data?

Yes. You can leave data on if you want or do things like tell it to leave the connection on only if it's wifi. And tell it which wifi networks you connect to.

There's a free version and two paid versions. Depending on what you have, your options will vary. I got the Ultimate (which I think was only $5) figuring I'd grow into it as I got more knowledgeable and I'm glad I did.

You can compare features here http://www.juicedefender.com/compare/

SallyC

Reaction score
With JD do you still get that delay when turning your phone back on? I hate that!

Sent from my DROIDX

I don't get a delay with the screen, if that's what you're asking about. If you mean a delay while your data reconnect, that might happen depending on where you are.

Or you can choose to leave it on if you're at home or someplace where you know you're going to be constantly on and off. That's what I do and I haven't noticed it hurting my battery. It's probably easier than reconnecting all the time.

iguanad

Reaction score
I had JD on my Droid 2 Global and it was buggy and made the phone laggy. What can JD do that smart actions can't?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I don't get a delay with the screen, if that's what you're asking about. If you mean a delay while your data reconnect, that might happen depending on where you are.

Or you can choose to leave it on if you're at home or someplace where you know you're going to be constantly on and off. That's what I do and I haven't noticed it hurting my battery. It's probably easier than reconnecting all the time.

Yeah I meant a delay for data to reconnect. :)

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score

I have Ultimate also. How do I select to leave data on? I didn't see that option.

Sent from my DROIDX

SallyC

Reaction score
I have Ultimate also. How do I select to leave data on? I didn't see that option.

Sent from my DROIDX

Under Controls, there's a 'Keep enabled' area where you can select data or wifi. Or, under Controls>Timeout there's an area where you can have JD use different timeout lengths for screen off, lock, or at home depending on your home wifi network. If you enable it you pick your specific network.

SallyC

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

You can also go to the Schedules tab and change connectivity based on the day or time if that works better. Like no connection at night or more frequent checking during the day. There's a lot of flexibility with it.