[JRummy Remix V0.8] Annoying Phone Problem + Idea

Reneg4d3

Reaction score
I am currently running the N8 & JRummy's Remix V0.8 CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1 Rom with 2.1-update1 Firmware.

Whenever I am on the phone, the little sensor that detects if the phone is close to my head or not is way to sensitive. If I move my phone just a little bit it turns on the screen. The problem with this is I keep hanging up on people, muting them, and placing them on speaker phone with my ear. Is there a way to lock the screen when you are on the phone and only come on when I hit the top power button? I think that if I lock the phone with the power button, that little sensor should not override it and unlock it when I pull away.

Maybe have a feature that could be toggled. One setting could be if you don't lock the phone, that sensor will lock it when it's up to your ear, and in-order to unlock it you have to click the top power button once. The second feature could be that the sensor function will stay the same and when you pull it away it will turn the phone screen back on, however, in order to lock the screen you must first hit the top power button, and in-order for the screen to come back on you would have to press it again.

I think this would be an amazing feature. Maybe someone could even make an app for it. Hell, If I wasn't busy with all my Cisco classes and programming classes I would attempt at making the app myself. It's just something I have been thinking about for quite some time now.

CypherAZ

Reaction score
I am currently running the N8 & JRummy's Remix V0.8 CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1 Rom with 2.1-update1 Firmware.

Whenever I am on the phone, the little sensor that detects if the phone is close to my head or not is way to sensitive. If I move my phone just a little bit it turns on the screen. The problem with this is I keep hanging up on people, muting them, and placing them on speaker phone with my ear. Is there a way to lock the screen when you are on the phone and only come on when I hit the top power button? I think that if I lock the phone with the power button, that little sensor should not override it and unlock it when I pull away.

Maybe have a feature that could be toggled. One setting could be if you don't lock the phone, that sensor will lock it when it's up to your ear, and in-order to unlock it you have to click the top power button once. The second feature could be that the sensor function will stay the same and when you pull it away it will turn the phone screen back on, however, in order to lock the screen you must first hit the top power button, and in-order for the screen to come back on you would have to press it again.

I think this would be an amazing feature. Maybe someone could even make an app for it. Hell, If I wasn't busy with all my Cisco classes and programming classes I would attempt at making the app myself. It's just something I have been thinking about for quite some time now.

Look for mylock - phone tools in the market.?

OP
R

Reneg4d3

Reaction score
Look for mylock - phone tools in the market.?

Hmm, this is sort of what I wanted. It will DEFINITELY work for now. Maybe I will send them some of the ideas I had with the toggling. Also, the bottom 4 buttons don't lock when using that app.