[Jellybean] Is Overclocking possible on 4.1.2 Currently?

psyhcopig

Reaction score
I've been out of the scene a bit, and have google'd my hands off, and since I can't find a way to specifiy the Droid 4 forums on this site as my search, I only find information on other phone Overclocks. I did find information on OC for ICS clocking to 1388 I believe, but does that work on 4.1.2? I've noticed a major drag down in my phone, even a Fastboot flash didn't fix.

Any current information would be helpful, thanks!

Elanzer

Reaction score
Yeah, though I don't think the GPU is overclockable. I haven't found a way on JB to overclock the SGX 540 GPU from 300mhz to 384mhz, it's a shame because this phone would benefit nicely from the improved GPU frequency as the GPU isn't very strong to begin with.

I'm currently running my Droid 4 overclocked and undervolted, 1300mhz @ 1.285v (~55 VSEL) load / 300mhz @ 0.830v (~18 VSEL) idle, bumping voltage up to 1.320v allows for 1350mhz, and it doesn't seem to accept voltages lower than 0.830v. I flashed Eclipse 1.1.1 and modified myfishbear's 1200ulv script values with my own. Phone has been stable with the current settings for about a week.