Droid 2 Overclocking

harasho

Reaction score
If im not mistaken both. I know 100% d2g because I've done benchmarks on mine and I've also seen reports of benchmarks for d2

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Mortiel

Reaction score
If im not mistaken both. I know 100% d2g because I've done benchmarks on mine and I've also seen reports of benchmarks for d2

I did not know... I know the D2G comes with a 200 Mhz faster processor stock than the D2, but I was not sure if that was just a factory overclock or what...

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

harasho

Reaction score
You could actually be right. It might be just a 1 ghz. Even if that's the case 1.4 is a safe overclock. 200 mhz is safer but 400 would not harm anything. I used to overclock my Droid to 1 ghz and it had no problems, and a d2 has a better processor.

EDIT: after researching apparently there was a big mixup that was verizons fault when they posted the d2 and d2g as both having 1.2 ghz processors. Which then makes me highly suggest an overclock of d2s to at LEAST 1.2. They should have no problem at all running it, in fact Motorola should have just done it themselves.

Reaction score
Just an FYI, the D2G is not JUST an overclocked D2... It's a different processor with a different clockspeed. However, I still see posts all over the forums from people running their D2s at 1.3+GHz. It's all in trial and error, because it's all specific to YOUR phone.

Mortiel

Reaction score
Just an FYI, the D2G is not JUST an overclocked D2... It's a different processor with a different clockspeed. However, I still see posts all over the forums from people running their D2s at 1.3+GHz. It's all in trial and error, because it's all specific to YOUR phone.

Good to know! That what I wanted to be certain of... Thanks!

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum