droid 2 overclock wont pass 1ghz?

joshtb86

Reaction score
im trying to overclock with jrummy's droid 2 overclocker but it wont let me go past 1ghz. i rooted the phone but didnt flash any roms or change any kernels? or anything like that. anyone have any idea what to do here?

Manchild

Reaction score
go to "set scaling frequencies" and select the profile you want. then you can adjust the slider to more than 1 gHz

mcaz5

Reaction score
Have you tried using Setcpu? Works great for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using Setcpu? Works great for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

His problem isn't with Jrummy's product now working right. He just doesn't know how to do the set up. Recommending SetCPU is fine but what's he going to do with it? If you're going to recommend something at least give the installation instructions.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i have both apps and i use what is already setup for me since i just came from a droid1 i'm more familiar with setcpu but i know plenty of people who bought both apps and prefer jrummy's app for all thier overclocking needs. it sucks having a bunch of apps i bought from my d1 days that i can't utilize the way i did on my og droid hopefully we can get someone to one day crack the bootloader so we can overclock these bad boys and get some cyanogenmod and some new kernals.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SetCPU can't overclock the D2, anyway?

lizard

Reaction score
What the sliders on SetCPU indicate is immaterial. Hit the info tab and look at CPU frequency and that will tell you how fast your processor is running. I had to flash a custom ROM to OC my droid 2. Im using squidlymandingo's new ROM(2.3.20.1). >forums>droid2>roms>squidlymandingo. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid 2 using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
I use gscripts lite for oc (free on squids rom) or if you're feeling frisky you can oc yourself via terminal emulator, all the commands for it are posted in the squidly forum, just find the topic pushing 500 posts and voila! Instructions on how to do it without jrummy or set cpu (which btw I only use setcpu for the widget to show off in screen shots. Here's a quad score from squids .0 rom fullblur that I oc'd to 1.3gHz ulv using terminal emulator, best score I've seen thus far too /flex. Lol

4c72661b-a97c-6cbd.jpg

lizard

Reaction score
Although SetCpu wont oc a d2 by itself you may have to move the sliders past stock setting of 1000 before proc assumes speed set by a custom rom. When I run squids oc 1.1 script I have to move sliders in SetCpu,if it is running, to get it to read 1100000 on the info tab. Not saying its not running faster than a grand though, script notification says"overclocked". When I oc I move the sliders and I havnt set anything on boot yet. Above sliders in SetCpu there is text that indicates min./max. If this doesn't match sliders you may be caught by a profile. If not, move sliders back and forth and reposition them. If I don't reboot daily sometimes i'll find the sliders in odd places or running at a slower indicated speed. I think app is a little buggy. I've just been dealing with it, the vast majority of the time its doin what I want. I think my quadrant score reflects that I am in fact oc'd (don't think it would be +2100 if I wasn't ).

Sent from my Squidlied Droid 2 using Tapatalk Pro