Jelly Bean vs Ice Cream Sandwich on Spectrum 2 - Your reviews are requested.

Cat88Extreme

Reaction score
Now that you have had Jelly Bean for a while on your phones what are the pros and cons of switching to this version of Jelly Bean. Have you found any serious problems with Jelly Bean. Did the switch fix any problems you were having with Ice Cream Sandwich. What do you feel Jelly Bean does better than Ice Cream Sandwich and vice verse?

The reason I ask you ask,,,, well my previous phone was an LG Optimus S and a couple of the updates sent out by LG were problematic at best and you were better off waiting to update you phone until others had time to use the update and comment on it. Thus I have not updated my Spectrum 2 to Jelly Bean.

Thank you in advance for your help.

JimiMack

Reaction score
For me it is not really something to get all excited over unless you feel you need Google Now. I have noticed a drop in battery performance for me. Being I use a secondary launcher I do not see the benefits of the added widgets and a matter of fact, I remove 90% of the included apps to replace with my own, not being a fan of most of the included apps. I have not noticed any increase in radio performance or anything along that line. as I mentioned earlier unless you really need Now, I do not see any real need to do the upgrade, my phone pretty much ran the same on ICS as it does on JB. Now on some prior phones I had, Rezound and Razr Maxx JB Roms did make an improvement on those units but nothing really exciting here.

Wolfram74

Reaction score
It has new settings improvement, but if you use multiple launchers then you wouldn't be able to notice. Update to weather widget. I haven't really noticed any changes in battery life since it's as crappy as it was before. Performance is faster, I think. However, there have been complaints of dropped calls and crashes, though I myself haven't experienced any.Overall it's about the same if you upgrade or stay at ICS, whether if you're a normal phone user or rooted/ROMS user.

Last edited:

micrors4

Reaction score
Battery life is absolute **** with JB, other than that not much to see, still looks the same but has the typical JB goodies.