Root Jelly Bean (Spectrum 2)

mordant80

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
Looks like we need a new recovery, maybe there's something where the one we had for ICS came from.

Also it looks like some verizon and lg processes ask for root permission, they seem to get denied automatically which i would think is a good thing. Havent seen that before but everything seems to be fine. I do wonder if it would cause issues if those apps would get root access granted.

Edit: Found a working updated recovery: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg-spectrum-2/243091-recovery-spectrum-2-jelly-bean.html

Last edited:

micrors4

Reaction score
No, it just hanged at the part you select on the phone to restore data.

Last edited:
OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
No, it just hanged at the part after I you select on the phone to restore data.

That sucks, glad I found this one. I went through quite a few trying to find one that worked. I'd say we're pretty lucky to have something so quick for JB. I didn't have high hopes.

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
It is impressive, now if only we could get a ROM.

I know and we're so close, we've got that one ROM that reverses the touchscreen. I feel like if we had a good developer on it it could be solved in no time. Once we got a base that worked I think that would open the door for us. I almost want to see if maybe a JB ROM for the LTE2 would work but without a way to fix the touchscreen if it gets reversed i'm not quite ballsy enough.

JimiMack

Reaction score
The issue and it has been attempted by several Devs to solve is the bootloader is locked down tight. If and when that is cracked, flashing Roms will be easy but until that day we are stuck. :-(

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
The issue and it has been attempted by several Devs to solve is the bootloader is locked down tight. If and when that is cracked, flashing Roms will be easy but until that day we are stuck. :-(

Yea, that would be ideal, but I believe the LTE2 Roms use 2nd-init which I would be more than happy with. Would just be stuck with the stock kernel. If the touch screen issue with the LTE2 2nd-init roms was resolved, that would be huge. It's like with the moto droid 2 and droid x (and im sure many others).. there were quite a few roms for those devices and the bootloader was never cracked while I owned those.

Skate

Reaction score
wicked's method didn't work for me, but this one worked perfectly! Thank you!

micrors4

Reaction score
Miller tried some stuff to fix the touchscreen issue but couldn't figure it out, but in all of the ROMs I have tested the data, wifi, bluetooth, keyboard, and probably some other stuff was always broken when we could get it to boot and miller never figured out what was causing it to break. If anyone really wants to poke around a ROM and see if they can fix it I have one I could upload.

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
Did everything work on the one with the touchscreen issue? Or was everything broke on both millers and the korean rom?

Id like to get a copy of everything if i can. I have a build box setup, have pulled roms from phones and deodexed. Made smali changes and such. Not saying im all that experienced with it but id like to fiddle. I saw you guys got the install script for flashing straightened out, thats an issue i was having last time i pulled the stock stuff and tried to make changes. It wouldn't flash back because i didn't have an install script.

Last edited:

micrors4

Reaction score
It seemed like the wireless radios were all broken but it was hard to really test anything on it with the touchscreen so messed up, on miller's ROM it didn't have that issue but the wireless radios were always broken. The install script usually seemed hit or miss, a lot of times it didn't work and then miller would change something and it might boot, but I can't remember exactly what had to be changed but it usually had to do with removing certain apps. I'll send you a link later tonight once it is uploaded.