Root Jelly Bean (Spectrum 2)

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
It seemed like the wireless radios were all broken but it was hard to really test anything on it with the touchscreen so messed up, on miller's ROM it didn't have that issue but the wireless radios were always broken. The install script usually seemed hit or miss, a lot of times it didn't work and then miller would change something and it might boot, but I can't remember exactly what had to be changed but it usually had to do with removing certain apps. I'll send you a link later tonight once it is uploaded.

Thanks, about to go to bed, i'll download it tomorrow evening and start playing with it. appreciate it. Was millers stuff using 2nd-init? it would have had to have been right?

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
Yea, just flash it like you would any other ROM in CWM.

I'll probably pull the stock rom off my phone and see if i can't get broke pieces of millers rom working from that. i'll see if i can't find any help with it as well.

TrdLtly

Reaction score
Ran ICS rooted. Updated yesterday to JB.

So I ran the motochopper exploit and it appears to work. Restart etc... Ran one root checker and it says I am good to go. I install Titanium Backup root and it says I don't have root access. I run a different root checker and sure enough it also says I don't have root access. Superuser lists no apps.

Any thoughts?

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
Ran ICS rooted. Updated yesterday to JB.

So I ran the motochopper exploit and it appears to work. Restart etc... Ran one root checker and it says I am good to go. I install Titanium Backup root and it says I don't have root access. I run a different root checker and sure enough it also says I don't have root access. Superuser lists no apps.

Any thoughts?

Make sure in the Superuser app that "Declared Permission" is unchecked under settings. I have the "superuser access" option set to apps and adb, and "automatic response" should be set to prompt. timeout is 30 seconds so i dont miss the requests.

TrdLtly

Reaction score
That must be in the paid version, because I don't have that option in the settings.

I also don't have the option to disable apps like I did in ICS, so I am thinking that the exploit did not work. I did do a factory reset after the JB upgrade. Not sure what else to try.

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
those settings are in the superuser version loaded by the motochopper exploit.. open the superuser app, hit the menu button and choose settings.

Let me get a screenshot.
utuzasus.jpg

Last edited:

TrdLtly

Reaction score
Thanks for the screen shot. That is why I don't have that option as I have the "ChainsDD Superuser" installed on mine. Looks like it might be time to do a factory reset with SD format also.

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
Thanks for the screen shot. That is why I don't have that option as I have the "ChainsDD Superuser" installed on mine. Looks like it might be time to do a factory reset with SD format also.

Yea, that's weird. the motochopper exploit should load the one I have pictured.

TrdLtly

Reaction score
Just finished the Factory reset with SD format and the Superuser v3.0.7 app is still there in my apps. Hmmmm.

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
Just finished the Factory reset with SD format and the Superuser v3.0.7 app is still there in my apps. Hmmmm.

Factory reset doesnt do anything to apps in system... can you get write access to your system/apps folder, should be able to just replace the superuser app with the other one if you can.

loading the cab file seems to do the opposite, it resets your system files but leaves you're user apps intact, loading the cab file may be the way to go. sounds like you have the su app leftover from ics.

TrdLtly

Reaction score
I will have to do some digging around. This is not acceptable. LOL

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
That is a great find... I am downloading now myself. I always like to have a backup of the full ROM, I do not trust OTA even though mine worked fine always smart to have the file as a back up. Again, thanks.

No doubt, awesome find. Great to have Jelly Bean cab.

TrdLty, yes, if you load that cab, you should be good to go after you root with the moto root.