Ice Cream Sandwich Now on 15.9% of Android Devices, Jelly Bean Comes in at .8%

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
androiddistro.jpg

Google has updated their Android distribution chart which, as expected, shows an increase of devices sporting Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. This is also the first distribution chart released that includes statistics for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Ice Cream Sandwich is now on 15.9% percent of Android devices, while Gingerbread claimed a whopping 60%, and only .8% of devices are running Jelly Bean. The statistics were collected during a two week period which ended yesterday. Check out the charts above to see all the current Android distribution statistics.

Source: Phandroid

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may not included modified phones, but that still wouldn't raise ICS/JB over 25% I would be willing to bet.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
I would assume they collected through the Play Store which reads version number regardless of root or rom so it should be accurate.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would assume they collected through the Play Store which reads version number regardless of root or rom so it should be accurate.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
Ah, could be. I know that I am able to download ICS-only apps with no issue. Never get the "not compatible with your device" message. Interesting that.