Newest Android OS Chart Shows ICS Over 10% & Gingerbread on Most Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-ics-adoption-chart-july-2012.png

Check this out! This is NOT patent wars related news! YAY!!! For those who are curious to see how far Ice Cream Sandwich has progressed in adoption rate on Android phones, (or for those who just love charts), you can see a full Android distribution breakdown in the chart above. Ice Cream Sandwich has grown to almost 11% since it was introduced last October, while Gingerbread hits about 64%. Interestingly, Google's newest OS, Android 4.1/Jelly Bean is absent from this list. It's not really surprising really as this chart was probably compiled just prior to the launch of the only device to sport Jelly Bean, the Nexus 7.

If you want to see more data, or really do just love charts, check out the source link below from the Android developers.

Source: Android Developers

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
There's no piece of the pie for those of us on jelly bean! :biggrin:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
That whole page is filled with charts :blink: lol .. but yea, just above the graph it said:
based on the number of Android devices that have accessed Google Play within a 14-day period ending on the data collection date [7/2]
...so I'm not sure why 4.1 wouldn't be on there, unless (what I heard from another source on the web) it was based on OS' available to consumers, which "officially" right now is 404 and below (I guess they consider you a developer and not a regular consumer if you have 4.1 installed), because I know I accessed the Play store before yesterday when I was on JB for small amount of time...