Jelly Bean Update?

williemac84

Reaction score
Ooooo man i messed up then i shouldn't of went to the .215 leak i dont have a computer =( to go back to stock .211 smh

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
JohnnytheK said:
Thanks Foxcat you da man. Is it difficult to flash back to. 211? The help post for 215 made it very easy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It is really pretty easy...but you do need a pc:

Going back to stock .211:
*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
*When completed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That I'm not sure but it seems that if the XP can extract the utility (I see no reason why it couldn't) and it downloads the moto drivers and the phone USB connects okay, then it seems it should work fine.

Rhino94

Reaction score
virgil71468 said:
D/k but i have run hob samurai's house of bionic on my wife's xp netbook with no problem.

Wow wow you are still on XP? They don't even provide software updates for XP anymore.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can Matt's Utility be run on XP?

Yes it can. My laptop runs XP and I have used Matt's utility to root my Razr Maxx. And yes, Razr's and Razr Maxx's WILL be getting Jelly Bean, I just don't know when. I was told we would get it by the girl working at the Verizon store.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Thank you for answering my question. I couldn't root my phone, and someone told me it could be because Matt's wouldn't work on XP. Not sure how to get the necessary drivers my phone needs to root.

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
If you update to JB, FoxFi in Wifi mode will not work on many phones according to their notes in the app store.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Yea I have jellybean on the razr m also. Maybe they are trying to market it as the new nexus since google bought motorola?