Jelly Bean Update?

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I have been looking online and I can't find anything about whether or not Razr Maxx will be getting Jelly Bean. Everything is for the new razr phones. Anyone know if we are supposed to get it, and if we are is there anything that hints as to when?

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Yes the Maxx is getting the Jelly Bean update.

In late October 2012, Motorola officially confirmed that its original Droid Razr Maxx phone would receive an upgrade to Android 4.1. Thus far, the company hasn't provided any specific information as to when the upgrade could occur.

As for a date... who the **** knows.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Yes the Maxx is getting the Jelly Bean update.

As for a date... who the **** knows.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c
Just a suggestion. They really need a topic with a Sticky of that link. That might cut out a lot of "When is ICS/JellyBean/JellyBean #2 happening??" threads.

In case you're not informed, JellyBean #2 is Android 4.2, also called JellyBean, for now, last I heard.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Yes, we are supposed to be getting Jelly Bean, but when, nobody is sure. Even when we knew that we would be getting ICS, there never really was a carved in stone date. Best estimates from what I have been reading is sometime in the first half of next year.

David

chuckr01

Reaction score
Jelly Bean for Razr Maxx

Yes, we are supposed to be getting Jelly Bean, but when, nobody is sure. Even when we knew that we would be getting ICS, there never really was a carved in stone date. Best estimates from what I have been reading is sometime in the first half of next year.

David

If the upgrade to Jelly Bean is rolling out now for the Razr M, I can't imagine how the rest of the Razr family can be far behind. I assume they all look the same operationally so I would think the same build would work on all of them.

virgil71468

Reaction score
chuckr01 said:
If the upgrade to Jelly Bean is rolling out now for the Razr M, I can't imagine how the rest of the Razr family can be far behind. I assume they all look the same operationally so I would think the same build would work on all of them.

+1...

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
virgil71468 said:

A Droid m Tom.will not work on a Droid razr. Its not like the the razr and Max.

Droid m jelly.bean in out already anyway. Razr and Max will get it in 2013

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
A Droid m Tom.will not work on a Droid razr. Its not like the the razr and Max.

Droid m jelly.bean in out already anyway. Razr and Max will get it in 2013

Not sure that is correct. On one of our sister sites they state that it does work, but there is some concern if you can get back to stock.
I'm not brave enough to try but people have and said it worked.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/5212-jelly-bean-leak-9139xt926verizonenus/

My worry is I've updated to .215 and I hope that doesn't stop me receiving the OTA when ever it comes around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not sure that is correct. On one of our sister sites they state that it does work, but there is some concern if you can get back to stock.
I'm not brave enough to try but people have and said it worked.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/5212-jelly-bean-leak-9139xt926verizonenus/

My worry is I've updated to .215 and I hope that doesn't stop me receiving the OTA when ever it comes around.

Update to .215 does take you off the upgrade path, but you simply need to flash back to .211 to get back on. I actually did this to be sure and out went of without a hitch.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Update to .215 does take you off the upgrade path, but you simply need to flash back to .211 to get back on. I actually did this to be sure and out went of without a hitch.

Thanks Foxcat you da man. Is it difficult to flash back to. 211? The help post for 215 made it very easy.

williemac84

Reaction score
Yeah i need instructions on how to flash back to .211. I didnt use a computer to get on the .215 leak so I'm hoping i wont need one to get back to .211

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
williemac84 said:
Yeah i need instructions on how to flash back to .211. I didnt use a computer to get on the .215 leak so I'm hoping i wont need one to get back to .211

No, it's not hard at all to flash back. You do need a PC as it involves using Matt's DROID RAZR utility.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Oh whaa? I went to .215 too. It was my understanding I'd be able to update to Jelly Bean with no problem.

I didn't know I'd have to go back to go forward. :blink:

Krenzy

Reaction score
I couldn't root since my laptop used XP, would Matt's work on XP? If not I'm screwed as that's all anyone in my family has.