Jelly Bean - Is it possible?

jason1175

Reaction score
I realize that the official ICS has yet to hit but I've been reading a bit about Jelly Bean and was wondering, is there any reason why the Bionic can't run Jelly Bean? I, personally, see no reason why it couldn't but my knowledge of Android is admittedly low. Can anyone with some knowledge add some input?

bbucks36

Reaction score
pretty sure it can run it .. but why would moto put effort into putting jelly bean on the bionic? google does not make money on android OS and look how long its taking them to get ICS.. smartphones are still new in they still have alot to be done to them.. plus everyone wants the next greatest thing..new android OS = no money....new phone with new android OS = mo money from a sucka

OP
J

jason1175

Reaction score
pretty sure it can run it .. but why would moto put effort into putting jelly bean on the bionic? google does not make money on android OS and look how long its taking them to get ICS.. smartphones are still new in they still have alot to be done to them.. plus everyone wants the next greatest thing..new android OS = no money....new phone with new android OS = mo money from a sucka

I guess i'm being optimistic since i'm sure they already have a build that they could use. They would just have to move their focus to it instead of ICS. I'd wait one more month if it meant we'd get JB.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
we will get ICS first. then the maxx might get JB then we MIGHT see it

grgguy

Reaction score
I guess i'm being optimistic since i'm sure they already have a build that they could use. They would just have to move their focus to it instead of ICS. I'd wait one more month if it meant we'd get JB.

Actually I've heard you can get a alpha build of keylime pie at www.fantasyland.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbucks36

Reaction score
ill be happey with a good working ICS.. as of right now the leaks are making me feel confidant of that ... no data drops

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

The source code came out yesterday. There is no way they already have a working build. We'd likely be waiting a FEW more months if they were to abandon ICS and try to move directly to JB, minimum.

OP
J

jason1175

Reaction score
Actually I've heard you can get a alpha build of keylime pie at www.fantasyland.com.

Seriously?

There was some discussion on http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214042-jelly-bean-coming-bionic-razr.html I had thought that there was no phone that ever got more than one OS update, for the reasons bbucks36 suggested, but I was wrong. Some phones (including Motorola ones) have used 3 OP in their time.

So it's possible.

I didn't see that post, thanks for the link!

I'm also grateful to be getting ICS...been running .232 for a few days now and it's great. What I probably should've posted was, since JB is more of an incremental update is it more likely that we'll see it?

Last edited by a moderator:

grgguy

Reaction score
Seriously?

I didn't see that post, thanks for the link!

I'm also grateful to be getting ICS...been running .232 for a few days now and it's great. What I probably should've posted was, since JB is more of an incremental update is it more likely that we'll see it?

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. To be honest, I highly doubt we will get jellybean. It took them almost 9 months to get us ICS and as someone already stated there no money in it for them ( moto) to do so.

fralogan

Reaction score
Jelly Bean is not a new inneration of the os, it just an upgrade to ics. I think it would be up to verizon.

Last edited:

jwilly216

Reaction score
What I want to knew is if we will get JB ROMS. I don't expect an ota from The Man. But a fully working ROM would be awesome.

OP
J

jason1175

Reaction score
I'm sure with all the talented ppl around that we'll get a JB ROM, especially if it uses the same kernel. Which leads to my point...it wouldn't be as great a jump as GB>ICS so why not?

Bigv5150

Reaction score
I really can't see the bionic not getting JB its just an extension of ICS and since the razr and d4 are so close to the bionic I bet we all get it in a few months ok maybe 6 months to a year. IHey I'm an optomist.