JB problem

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Everything is working fine on JB except I want to know WTF happened to Motocast? When I select My Music it launches Google music. I use Google music quite a bit but occasionally I like to use Motocast to access files I can't upload to Google Music due to space considerations.

I also use Motocast to stream video to my phone from my home network. I'm really bummed that it's not working either.

When I launch the app the welcome screen comes up but when I select setup the app crashes and says unfortunately Motocast has stopped OK . No it's not OK.

Any one else having this problem?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Everything is working fine on JB except I want to know WTF happened to Motocast? When I select My Music it launches Google music. I use Google music quite a bit but occasionally I like to use Motocast to access files I can't upload to Google Music due to space considerations.

I also use Motocast to stream video to my phone from my home network. I'm really bummed that it's not working either.

When I launch the app the welcome screen comes up but when I select setup the app crashes and says unfortunately Motocast has stopped OK . No it's not OK.

Any one else having this problem?

Have you cleared data and cache under apps? If you do, it should start you from scratch.

mikeichs

Reaction score
I have this same issue I uninstalled safe strap but I still get the safe strap screen when I reboot my phone?????

mikeichs

Reaction score
So when you open the ss app in the apps drawer, what does the screen say?

The ss app is gone the only resemblance of it still being on my RAZR is the screen when you reboot the phone

GotnFX

Reaction score
The ss app is gone the only resemblance of it still being on my RAZR is the screen when you reboot the phone

Reload the apk..and then open it up and uninstall recovery...For the longest time I didn't have the app in the drawer and ss was still booting up..reloaded apk and uninstalled from there. That should work.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Have you cleared data and cache under apps? If you do, it should start you from scratch.

Yes I cleared the cache deleted all app data changed my password rebooted the phone several times all to no avail. If I could I would uninstall the app and reinstall. I hate to do a factory reset as everything else is working and there is no guarentee it will fix the issue.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Yes I cleared the cache deleted all app data changed my password rebooted the phone several times all to no avail. If I could I would uninstall the app and reinstall. I hate to do a factory reset as everything else is working and there is no guarentee it will fix the issue.

You know the ironic thing is I got the same error message of it stopping as you did. Opened it up again and it said I had incorrect password... hit the back button (not home) and it worked..Are you synced to a computer? Try plugging the phone to a computer.. Motocast pops up and see if you can set it that way..

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
You know the ironic thing is I got the same error message of it stopping as you did. Opened it up again and it said I had incorrect password... hit the back button (not home) and it worked..Are you synced to a computer? Try plugging the phone to a computer.. Motocast pops up and see if you can set it that way..

That did not work either. I can't believe they f'ed up one of the most useful features on the phone.

GotnFX

Reaction score
That did not work either. I can't believe they f'ed up one of the most useful features on the phone.

If you go to settings-->accounts, is motocast id listed? See what happens when you try opening up from there. If it isn't listed see if you can add it by hitting +account. Have you tried logging into motocast on a computer?

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
If you go to settings-->accounts, is motocast id listed? See what happens when you try opening up from there. If it isn't listed see if you can add it by hitting +account. Have you tried logging into motocast on a computer?

I tried deleting the account and recreating it, changing the password, connecting the Razr with usb, and even tried your suggestion to launch from the account page.

I was unable to get Motocast to launch from the account page so I figured i would try once again from the app drawer and it just started working. It's syncing now which will take awhile do to the large amount of files I have spread over 2 PC's.

I really have no idea why it started to work. I tried multiple solutions several times and had no success but now it seems to be working. After it's done syncing I will post back.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I tried deleting the account and recreating it, changing the password, connecting the Razr with usb, and even tried your suggestion to launch from the account page.

I was unable to get Motocast to launch from the account page so I figured i would try once again from the app drawer and it just started working. It's syncing now which will take awhile do to the large amount of files I have spread over 2 PC's.

I really have no idea why it started to work. I tried multiple solutions several times and had no success but now it seems to be working. After it's done syncing I will post back.

Lol! Believe me, I was stumped as well as I too had the same issue and did all the things I posted and for whatever reason it started working too..go with it:) . But if I or you can truly figure it out, we just could help someone else....the only problem is I don't know what I did and it seems that goes for you, too...lol.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
The sync completed and now Motocast is working. I even added another folder from my PC and it picked that up. I wish I could figure out how it started working. Must be the droids we're looking for.