Jackpot, an audio-related GB vs. CM7 question...

google123

Reaction score
Jackpot, excellent work on CM7 for Pro. I am still debating on installing the latest builds as I am currently enjoying rooted GB but I have a question regarding the audio capability of the Pro.

When I installed CM7 last time, I noticed that like other CM7 builds on other devices I have tried, the DSP Audio Manager made my music sound amazing even with the stock music app. Nice deep, tight, punchy bass and clearer non-distorted highs.

After I installed rooted GB, I installed the Manager from an XDA-link but I can't get my music to sound quite the same. It sounds more hollow and boomy as opposed to CM7 manager. Can you tell me if its because GB uses different audio files vs CM7? In the xda it mentions a modified libaudioflinger.so file.

Is there any way to go about using the audio portion of CM7 files on GB without loading a CM7 ROM.

P.S. I tried to buy you a beer but the link took me to some error page on Paypal. Thanks.

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Can I ask why which build you used with cyanogenmod? Previously I used different audio files than I do now, anyways the best thing about cyanogenmod is that as google makes their android code newer and newer, cyanogenmod adds this new code to their source. I'm sure the reason is because of newer and better code for playing audio, so when Motorola's gingerbread code is from like may or june, the cyanogenmod code is changed literally every minutes to become the latest and greatest

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
G

google123

Reaction score
The build I had at the time was "GB628E." Also last night, well this am really, I had to SBF/flash TBH GB again because I accidentally restored a nandroid backup that I had made about a month ago. I believe that backup was from when I had CM7 on the phone but when I restored it and rebooted, I got stuck in an M logo reboot circle. I thought that restoring a backup through CWM would completely wipe everything and restore the entire system/apps image? Does that only work when using backups of the same os version? I'm still learning...

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wait, so you had gingerbread but wanted to restore cyanogenmod but you bootlooped?

OP
G

google123

Reaction score
Wait, so you had gingerbread but wanted to restore cyanogenmod but you bootlooped?

Yes I currently have 3 nandroid backups on my sd card that i made with CWM. One back in December when it was first found that Droid 2 recovery would work so that backup is a backup of froyo at some point. the other is when I first installed CM7 628E build and the last I made last night when messing with the dspmanager stuff which is rooted GB. when i tried to restore the CM7 backup it bootlooped on me. maybe cuz i was on rooted GB instead of CM7???? I don't know.

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes gingerbread uses one different file which doesn't support cyanogenmod or any roms for the matter. The only versions of stock that support cyanogenmod are 2.26.60 and 2.26.20